Spending Your Hard Earned Money

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by English-Emo-Boy, Jan 19, 2009.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

How much of your wages/grants/whatever do you spend on luxuries etc?

For me, I spend about half my wages on things I don't need/nights out/football and other luxuries.

The other half is built up in my account ready for that "rainy day".

What about yourself?

Oooh_snap likes this.

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Half my monthly income goes to bills. A majority of the other half gets banked.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Quite a lot of the money I've gotten from 'unofficial jobs' (keep your thoughts on stuff like babysitting here, please :laugh:) goes towards nights out maainly. If I get any money from birthdays or whatever then I save that.

(ooo 999th post)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    English-Emo-Boy likes this.
  4. OverLoad65

OverLoad65 Registered Member

Whatever doesn't go to bills and necessities gets spent on luxuries and wants. :nod:

5. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Most of my student loan goes to accommodation food etc..... I would say about 1/3 goes on that.
    The stuff I have left over gets spent on going out with friends, DVD's, CD's etc

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Right now, I luckily have no bills and my "good" job starts once I graduate this May. Then half my money will be banked and the rest will go in my pocket.

7. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I don't spend a lot of money on myself. The only time I spend my money is when I buy my family or friends something.

Just ask Swift or Kaz. $5 dollars to me is a lot of money to me.

Oooh_snap likes this.
  8. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

Very little to be honest. Any money I earn I save, or at least try to. Somehow I end up spending it. Regardless of what it is, I guess I rationalize at the time I need to spend it on that.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I go out every weekend and I spend a lot of money during the weekend. So I probably spend half of my money on bills and going out, and the other half goes to the bank.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Less than 5% is spent on luxuries. And 90% of that 5% usually goes to dvd watching related expense.