Specter: Belichick has been taping since 2000

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

If he really has been spying sine 2000 then he needs to be fired and banned from future NFL coaching positions. It's ridiculous why anybody would want to be associated with him. I didn't have much respect for him before the talk of spying hit the next. All the recent news hasn't helped my opinion of him in the least.

3. Babe_Ruth

I don't know what to think of this. I think the Patriots and coach Bilichick should get a huged punishment for this. If this is all true that he started taping teams defense in 2000 when they started to build their dynaties, I believe that it's un-professional from him, and doesn't deserve to have any credit in the success of the Patriots. He should be known has a cheater.

4. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I'd be kind of surprised if they got punished even more. They already lost their 1st round pick and Belichick was fined 500k. If this is true though, I think they deserve whatever else they get.

5. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

This all makes the fact that the Pats lost the Super Bowl even funnier.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I hope the bastards get stripped of their titles.

7. Babe_Ruth

That's not going to happen, the NFL doesn't work like the NCAA, they don't punish the NFL teams like the NCAA does for infractions.

But I do expect them to get punish more, because Specter said he was going to look into this further which should be interesting to see what happens next.

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Maybe they had such a problem with a few teams this year because they didn't have enough information memorized or usable against them. I see some of the major players being called in to testify just like with the steroids investigations.

9. Babe_Ruth

I agree with you, this is turning out to be a huge thing, and when the Congress gets involve, they don't stop the investagation till they get to the bottom of the story, and right now the story has just begun.

Also I hate when people say everyone does it, well if everyone does it why is it only the Patriots being questioned for cheating?