Spectator Mode for Life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

In videogames, when you die you are able to shift into "spectator mode" and look around at those still alive in the game.

Would you be interested in such a mode for real life? When you die would you want to be able to see what went on after your death or would you just want out?

2. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

It depends.

Could I stay and watch people for however long I wanted?

3. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

Oh I would, well, I guess depending on how long I got to have that mode. I want to be able to walk around the earth and wreak havoc and do what I want, but if I only have it long enough to see how people react to my death, then i am not sure that I would want it I think it would break my heart. I probably still would though just because I think it would be really neat, but sad.

4. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

A lot of it depends on what restrictions exist. Could I travel around the world, seeing things I never saw in life? If I chose to stay, would I be stuck here forever, or could I choose to stop?

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I dunno. Pick your own rules and give an answer based on your own conditions. It's not like this is real. :lol:

Tucker likes this.
  6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I think I'd want out. It doesn't sound fun spying on grieving relatives for any period of time. Though curiosity would probably get the better of me. I'd like to stick around and see how people grow, but not literally watching every move second by second.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

No, I'd want to move on to whatever is next. If I linger, I may just become attached and I would have an even harder time leaving.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'd be interested to see what was going on most definitely. I wouldn't like to see my family and friends upset though so I'd probably want to keep an eye on them after a while. I'd like to know how everyone was doing.

9. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Wow Hybrix, tough question.

My first impulse was to say "yes, of course I'd want to see what's going on." Then I started thinking about the suffering my girls would be dealing with and the fact that I'd have no way to comfort them. Is that something I could cope with? (dead or not) I'm not sure.
    I guess if there was no time frame, if I could stick around until I saw them grown and living happy, productive lives, then sticking around would be a great thing.
    If it was only a matter of weeks, then I'd have to say "no, thank you" and move on to whatever comes next.

10. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I think anyone who would choose 'stay', are influenced by Humanity's fear of death (which, of course, is quite natural). By choosing to stay, it's almost like one is ensuring one's survival, sort of - albeit survival only a conscious, ethereal level. :lol:

That said, I'd probably say to stay provided I could move around, maybe even effect things (with effort, like in Ghost. :D) around me, and, most importantly, leave when I want. To be mentally aware for all time would be hell.

However, taking all that into consideration, I can also say that I'd only be interested in staying while I was alive. Once I was dead it wouldn't matter - everything we live for would be immaterial. We'd have no reason to want to, no instinctual drives for sex or hunger, etc. So once I was dead, chances are I'd be like "...eh, this is crap. Adios!" :hah: