• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Spare yourself or spare a loved one?

Would you rather:

• Total voters

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Would you rather:

1. Be tortured. For the sake of the argument let's say you are kept alive as long as possible, months even, and you are tortured in the worst ways known to man. We are talking all out medieval style no holds torture. Quite possibly some of the most painful tortures possible and for as long as possible until death.

2. Watch your best friend or loved one be tortured as described above instead. Basically your favorite person in the world.

We are talking about people here. No cop out answers please. ;)

I'd have to pick being tortured. As horrible as it would be I could never live with myself otherwise.

But yeah it's a horrible question.

Last edited:

doyle369

Registered Member
2. Watch your best friend or loved one be tortured

I love my sisiters pet rabbit, and I can watch that getting tortured

:nod:

agphoenix

Everything goes.
I know you've mentioned friend or loved one but that's probably where the deciding factor for me would be. I'd even differentiate between different members of my family. To me there's a degree of love, a degree of depth in a relationship and how much alcohol one has in one's system that'd help decide. :)

And no, making it a question with strictly the 2 ends of the spectrum isn't really horrible.

Plus, I'd kinda like to know what Mel Gibson was feeling in Braveheart right at the end! *alcohol needed beforehand*

ComicFitz

Registered Member
I wouldn't be able to watch a loved one being tortured, so would choose to be tortured

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know you've mentioned friend or loved one but that's probably where the deciding factor for me would be.
Good point. I edited the OP. Basically your favorite person in the world. Everybody knows who that would be for them personally.

And no, you can't say your favorite person in the world is Michael Moore or somebody you hate. :lol:

UnfinishedSymphon

Registered Member
It would have to be #1.
To have to watch a loved one being tortured and then live with the guilt of that choice. I wouldn't
want to do that!

agphoenix

Everything goes.
Good point. I edited the OP. Basically your favorite person in the world. Everybody knows who that would be for them personally.

...And no, you can't say your favorite person in the world is Michael Moore or somebody you hate. :lol:
Damnit! :)

There is NO freakin' way I could watch my sister OR my fiance get ripped up. I'd have to sacrifice myself. *alcohol required beforehand*

Because when it comes down to it, the others can eat their own bowels for all I care!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Either way is pretty shitty and I had to think about it for a few minutes, but I figure there's no way I could watch a loved one be tortured. I'd let myself be tortured.