• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Spain's Stolen Babies

Wade8813

Registered Member
BBC News - Spain's stolen babies and the families who lived a lie

They say up to 300,000 babies were stolen starting in the 30's and only ending recently - assuming it actually did end.

A Spanish magazine published photographs of a dead baby kept in a freezer at the San Ramon clinic, supposedly to show mothers that their child had died.
Sometimes I think I can't be surprised any more by how low humanity can stoop, but then I'm proven wrong.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Wow, it's amazing that no one really new about this till now. Like research hasn't been done into it until those two men came out with their stories.

Australia also has something like this in their history, part of our dark history with how the first white settlers of this country treated the aboriginals. They used to take their children as well, and we refer to that as the 'stolen generation'. Those parents knew where their kids were going most of the time, it's shocking that in Spain they just said the child had died.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I read this story I couldn't believe it, yet another scandal in the Catholic Church. I'm getting where I wouldn't put anything past a nun or priest. I don't think it had anything to do with concern for the children it was money. I think the Vatican should be taxed and investigated. They seem to have their nose in so much criminal activity. Anyone that had anything to do with this should be charged with kidnapping even if they find out the Pope himself was involved.

Wade8813

Registered Member
When I read this story I couldn't believe it, yet another scandal in the Catholic Church. I'm getting where I wouldn't put anything past a nun or priest. I don't think it had anything to do with concern for the children it was money. I think the Vatican should be taxed and investigated. They seem to have their nose in so much criminal activity. Anyone that had anything to do with this should be charged with kidnapping even if they find out the Pope himself was involved.
While I agree this is troubling and we shouldn't just assume Catholics are good, it should also be pointed out that there are over a billion people who self-identify as Catholic. There are bound to be some who do terrible things.