• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SpaceX rocket & FB satellite explode

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Zuckerberg is not happy.
"I'm deeply disappointed to hear that SpaceX's launch failure destroyed our satellite," Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg wrote in a post while traveling in Africa. He added that the satellite "would have provided connectivity to so many entrepreneurs and everyone else across the continent."
Zuckerberg also said he has other technologies to help connect people. "We will keep working until everyone has the opportunities this satellite would have provided," he wrote.
SpaceX: Explosion at Cape Canaveral launch pad

The explosion happened at Cape Canaveral Launch Complex 40 during fueling ops. The site wasn't seriously damaged and nobody was injured but it shook buildings miles from the incident. Zero yet about how this impacts the planned SpaceX manned launches for 2017.
Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wonder what happened to cause it to explode while being fueled.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Musk seriously needs to wake up! It's not like we need another Domodedovo airport for spaceflight.
NASA and US airports have epic rep for vehicle and passenger safety. Why? Because seriously hardcore inspections before tests and flights. Also, posturing isn't helpful. Musk on cam and his narrative does not = better inspection policy.
SpaceX updates: Elon Musk calls the sudden ball of fire 'not an explosion'

The investment potential took a serious hit last summer and now and it delays the first manned flight of the Dragon.
[URL[Dragon[/URL]

I may have to change up my username if that doesn't happen. Still waiting for the first manned Dr4gon mission to the space station...