Space Shuttle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dabs, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

If you were given a chance, to ride in a space shuttle, be a part of their mission, would you do it??
    Not thinking twice??
    Or would you have to take a couple of days to think it over??

2. Dekzper

Dekzper Registered Member

Yes! That would be like Christmas! I could find out what it's really like to be in space and weightless! But I'd def wanna take lots of salt and spices cause i read that the body fluids get around your nose and you can't taste things very well. Did you know you cant light candles in space? The flame is round and the soot snuffs the candle cause there's no gravity to pull it down. Oh, and I'd def wanna walk in space too in a pressure suit! But they'd have to make a special pair of gloves just for me or I wouldn't be able to use my hands much. They cost more than a million dollars a pair

3. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I would definitely go without a second thought. If I had young children, then maybe it would be a different story.. But as my life is right now, I would be up and ready to go as soon as the offer was available. Sure I'd be nervous, but that wouldn't keep me from going.

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Nah. I'm too much of a wimp. I'd think about the things that could go wrong and probably worry I wouldn't see my family/friends again.

5. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I would go. It would be an amazing opportunity. Something that not a lot of people get to do.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

No way. I love all things to do with space and I find it really fascinating, but going up in a shuttle is something I've never had any desire to do. I'm sure it would be absolutely amazing, though.

7. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I am fascinated about outer space as well but I don't think I could go up in a space shuttle. Hell, I've only been in an air plane one time and I was two years old when I did that. Heights make me somewhat apprehensive and to see planet Earth on the whole like that makes me uneasy.

All of outer space amazes me but man, I just don't see myself going up there regardless of how unique of an opportunity it is. Maybe it was because I remember 1986 when the Challenger exploded. I was playing with my toys in our living room while my mom was ironing clothes and we had that on the TV. I remember not understanding what was happening and my mom having to explain it to me. For some reason that is something I'll never forget.