• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Space Shuttle Challenger

willge87

Registered Member
Today is the 28th anniversary of the Challenger disaster that took the lives of seven astronauts. I wasn't alive, but for those who were, do you remember where you were when you heard the news?

Sabby

I was 21 months old, so don;t really remember it. Howevr it wa a huge story for a couple of years. I remember seeing it on the news on the 2nd anniversary. It was a huge deal. It was (and not comparing it to a terrorist attack) the 80s equivalent of 9/11. In the sense that millions of people saw it live on tv when it exploded, similar to CNN showing the 2nd plane hit the tower.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It was in 1986 so I was, what, 3 years old by my count?

Its weird but I actually remember where I was. I was in my living room with my Mom watching it on TV. I was playing with toys and didn't really know what was happening but I remember she was surprised at what she was seeing and may have called my Dad. Faint faint memory though.