Space Exploration

What are your thoughts on space exploration?

• It's fine the way its going.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm really not for it, it's just a waste of money.

• I am against it.

• Total voters

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Do you think space exploration is a good or bad policy? I think it has stalled recently. I think it is a non-partisan issue and it should be funded well because one day we may need to live on other worlds. I think we should work on either going back to the Moon or going to Mars, or better yet one of the Moons of Jupiter. What are your thoughts?

Discuss...

Last edited:

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I think that space exploration is a good investment, but at this point in time it is better we use that money to work other issues we have. But yes, I do think that we need to explore more worlds.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Even though space exploration may be fascinating, I don't think that a lot of it is necessary, now sure I understand going to the moon that was the first major space exploration ever.

But it is true that someday the time may come that mankind must move to other planets such as Mars or maybe the moon would be a good plan since it's so much closer and easier to get to.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Though I doubt we'll ever see a Star Trek level of space exploration, I do believe that we should do our best to get farther and farther away.

Eventually we'll need resources, and I think we'll find many answers to many questions out there --> What other purpose is there to life, than discovery and exploration?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Lets just hope, that if we should sink money into space exploration, that it DOESN'T turn out like star trek =P The klingons would just wipe us out.

It would definitely be exciting to see some more space traveling going on. But there's still the matter of how long it takes. Until we can create faster ships, I doubt we'll get that far.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think it's a great investment, but if we can't take care of our own planet, what could possibly make anyone think we're ready to start looking into others?

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
I think it's a great investment, but if we can't take care of our own planet, what could possibly make anyone think we're ready to start looking into others?
I think maybe that's exactly why it should be more heavily invested into.

Anyway think of the scientific discoveries and advancements waiting to be discovered out there. Without a doubt it needs to be refocused on.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I think it is a good idea to explore more and see what there is out there and learn more. But I also think that there are larger issues here on earth at the moment that we need to control and spend more time on.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think maybe that's exactly why it should be more heavily invested into.

Anyway think of the scientific discoveries and advancements waiting to be discovered out there. Without a doubt it needs to be refocused on.
I'm not sure if you got what I meant. My point was if we can't support our own planet to a good enough extent, what makes you think we're ready to take on other planets? I think if anything, the Earth should be taken care of first.

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
I'm not sure if you got what I meant. My point was if we can't support our own planet to a good enough extent, what makes you think we're ready to take on other planets? I think if anything, the Earth should be taken care of first.
I get what you mean. I'm pointing at it wouldn't be a bad idea if we had a plan B incase we make this place unlivable. Just incase Wall*E's distopian view of the future was realized we might want a place to bail to.

I agree with you thought, the Earth should be taken care of first.