• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Space Cowboys (Review/ Spoiler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pianobone

Registered Member
Okay this is kind of a spoiler so if you don't want to know what happens, then don't read ahead- okay?

The movie was really good. I thought it would be kinda corny but it was well acted out and had a really good plot. It's about these four pilot/navigator guys who flew on those planes that went up to the atmosphere back in the 1950's. Anyway they get grounded by the Air Force when NASA begins. They're all kinda bitter and Clint Eastwood'd character blackmails his way into a NASA mission and he manages to bring along his old commrades (Tommy Lee Jones, James Garner, and Donald Sutherland).

They fly up to save a Russian satellite and they think it's a communications satellite, but when they get up there they find 6 nukes on it. So they tell the Russians to get lost- I mean why would the USA help Russia build a satellite that would launch nukes at us? Anyway the Russian guy says that the satellite has a decaying orbit and if it gets into the atmosphere that it will engage a failsafe system and will launch anyway. So the guys have to either launch the nukes at Earth or keep them on board the ship. They come up with a creative solution- and I won't say what because it will ruin the end. That's all- but I've left out A LOT! So seriously, go and see it, okay?

Lifter84

Registered Member
it only had a little spoiler, and even then it wasnt that big of a spoiler. but yeah i saw that movie, and it was awesome!!!!! one thing i didnt understand was, was that guy that was on the moon(tommy lee jones) dead or alive?

Pianobone

Registered Member
Well I think he was alive when he got there, but he obviously died from like no food/air/water. And why, might I add, did he have to go on that rocket thing anyway? Couldn't they have just fired the thing off towards Jupiter or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.