• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SP2 and SP3

jayadev

Registered Member
I think there is a SP3 available for Windows XP users. What are the main features of Windows XP Service Pack 3. Is it necessary to load SP3?

Thermal

Registered Member
The official version of SP3 for XP won't be out for another year or so. There is of an unofficial version that isn't made by microsoft, and is basically a roll-up patch (contains all critical post-SP2 patches).

jayadev

Registered Member
So SP2 is the last official version. I asked this quiestion because I found in a site a reference to SP3. I was surprised a bit to know about SP3. As Vista is to be released soon I don't think I should go for SP3.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
No. If it's released, it will be next year sometime.

hemisync

Registered Member
I had not heard of SP3, my goodness not until next year? That's still some time off - is the un official sp3 worth getting?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
No, because you can easily get all of the updates from Microsoft Update. You also run the risk of malware in third party programs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KSpiceFantastic Video Games 6
S Technology 1