• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

South Park As An Anime/Manga?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I'm sure most of us has seen the 'Good Times With Weapons' episode where most of it was done in an anime style (my totally fave ep! ^_^), and if you've ever done a search on deviant art you'll see fans like to draw them in an anime-stylish way; hell i've got a really cool one saved in my faves.

What i'm trying to say is, would South Park still be cool if it was done in an anime style or had a manga series?

Seriously, check it out on deviantart!

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
No.

Mainly because it would be like one big, overly drawn out joke that's been brutally beaten to death over and over again.

It wouldn't be as funny and it wouldn't have the same bite.

Malificus

Likes snow
I don't think it's be as good as an anime/manga :/

Part of it's charm is it's current style

Sephy

Forum Drifter
I agree with above post. The style of South Park is part of its appeal. If it was done anime/mange style I don't think it would be as charming.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
South Park with fluid animation? no way!

Clear_Note

Demon King/Sith Warrior
That episode was REALLY COOL!

But really, south park just wouldn't be south park if it was anime.

Vegito728

Registered Member
I like the style South Park uses. It just wouldn't look right if they used fluid animation. So no, I like it the way it is.

Clear_Note

Demon King/Sith Warrior
Okay, I saw the south park movie. Now who wants to touch me?

xD

Darkbain

Musician of the B.W.
i agree, south parks unique style is wat makes it worth watching. theres not many tv shows(if any) with that type of art.