Sources: Yanks out front to land Burnett

Ryuk

Registered Member
Not the greatest pickup in the world if it happens. I think the numbers should say enough, but then throw in the injury history as an added bonus. The only time where he has good numbers? When he pitches against Yankees. And I don't see "well he played in Toronto" as a good excuse, he played in Florida during a few lousy years also.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's hard to read Burnett, he has the stuff to become on the best pitchers in the league, and last year he's shown if healthy he can be a dominate pitcher. He started off really bad, which is why his era was really high, but after Cito Gaston took over, he just became one of the best pitchers in the American League.

Ryuk

Registered Member
Well it's done now. Looking on the bright side of it he won't be at the top of the rotation (#3 at the very best), still his AL numbers are just sloppy. Think I would of rather of taken my chances with Sheets, though that could still happen, but hey somebody's gotta fill out the rotation.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
He's best against the Sox and Yankees so it will be interesting to see how his numbers pan out now that he's obviously not going to be playing against the Yanks.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm interested to see how he does against the Blue Jays, it would be pretty cool to see him and A.J Burnett face eachother, since they became good friends while he was in Toronto.

Ryuk, the Yankees are trying to get Ben Sheets as well, so it doesn't really matter.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Babe, I'm assuming you're talking about Halladay? Ha, you didn't mention anybody else in your post.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah sorry, I was really hungover when I wrote that post, I didn't really give an effort into it.

But yeah, Halladay vs Burnett would be an interesting match up. Also I wondering how good he's going to fair against his older team when he's faces them.

Ryuk

Registered Member
Ryuk, the Yankees are trying to get Ben Sheets as well, so it doesn't really matter.
As I said in my initial post, though that could still happen. Dunno but if I had no choice but to take a chance on a pitcher I think I'd rather take my chances with Ben, I just think the potential upside would be better. I mean for years I always viewed the kid as a potential frontline dominant starter, his only problem being (obviously) that he's constantly banged up.