• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sources: Roethlisberger ban 4-6 games

Blueyes

Registered Member
Sources: Roethlisberger ban 4-6 games
By Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter
ESPN

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be suspended for four to six games on Wednesday for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, according to multiple sources.

Roethlisberger
When the suspension is announced, it will contain conditions that will allow it to be reduced based on Roethlisberger's behavior and compliance with clinical evaluators. Commissioner Roger Goodell's verdict will reinforce a message that NFL employees will be held to a higher standard than the law. Steelers employees were bracing Tuesday night for what they suspected would be an eight-game suspension, but two sources said it would not be eight games. Chris Mortensen is ESPN's senior NFL analyst. Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.
Now mind you they don't have a televised game until the 7th game...Coincidence or not?

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
Yeah that thing about the 7th game being televised is just merely coincidence in my mind. It doesn't surprise me that he was going to get suspended, if it wasn't by the league it was going to be by his team. I've also heard reports that the Steelers are looking into trading him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sounds about right to me. This is the main reason why the Steelers went out and got Byron Leftwich. He'll probably be the starter till Big Ben is finished serving his suspension.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
heard that too and i wouldnt be surprised if they don't grab a qb in the draft and kick him to the curb.
They already traded a 7th round pick for Byron Leftwich (I can't remember how to spell his last name), in preparation of Ben getting suspended, if he does good during the time Ben's suspended it could possibly only help the Steelers make up their mind.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Steelers already won two Championship with Big Ben, so if they ended up trading him it wouldn't be like a lost cause so to speak. Meaning that all the hard work and effort, and the time they invested in him wouldn't go to waste.

He's still in the prime of his career, so I believe they could get good assets for Big Ben even though he can be a trouble maker outside the football field.

BigBob

Registered Member
To you guys, its not till the 7th game. I get all the Steeler games.

Steelers are shopping him around and say if they get a top 10 pick, they'll give him up

micfranklin

Eviscerator
If they trade him then they are stupid, just like the Eagles who insisted that getting rid of McNabb was a smart idea.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
A one-year suspension would've made me happier, but I'll take what I can get. It'd be nice if they dropped most of the games he's out and start in a real hole. I don't want to see them come playoff time.

I think it would be stupid to trade him, but who knows, we've already seen a dumb trade involving a top 10 QB this year. I wouldn't be surprised. Denver should take a run a him if he really is available.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I think because he was willing to do counseling he got a reduced ban...either way they are shopping him and at least 1 team now might be interested enough to take him and give up a first round pick for him