Sources: Lakers Won't Initiate Kobe Trade Talks

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

ESPN -
    The Lakers, according to NBA front-office sources, have no looming intentions to initiate any Kobe Bryant trade discussions and still would prefer to hang onto him.

There is nonetheless a growing belief around the league that the proposals will be flooding in now and that Bryant will indeed be moved -- possibly even before the season starts -- after last week's admission from Lakers' owner Jerry Buss that he "would certainly listen" to trade offers for Bryant in the wake of Kobe's loud declaration in May that he wants out … and Kobe's subsequent refusals to recant the request

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/48597/20071017/sources_lakers_wont_initiate_kobe_trade_talks/

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

well YEAH. I'm still going to bet that Kobe's starting as a Laker once the season starts. It's only a couple weeks away, and deals for stars like Kobe take forever.

3. Lakers jsut need to put pieces around him. They need a point guard, center, small foward, power foward, and a bench. Thats all. This offseason they should have done something the Lakers. They have money. They should have picked up Chauncy Billups a point guard, Gerald Wallace a small foward, Rasheed Lewis a center, ruben patterson a power foward, and a couple of bench players like. I don't know any but thats what they Lakers should have done but oh well. I know for sure of the Lakers have anoter season were they get beat in the first round of the playoffs then Kobe might leave. But i don't think L.A. gonna make the playoffs this year anyway so bye bye Kobe.

4. Babe_Ruth

Well the rumours are flying about Kobe lately, some say that he might be going to Dallas. That being said I don't see the Lakers trading Kobe he's to valuable, and why would Jerry Buss trade two Hall of Famers in the last five years, wouldn't make to much sence to me.

I agree they need to add key pieces, but what they need the most is a proven point guard, I believe they're fine at the Small Forward position with Lamar Odom, and their Center has lots of potential.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

whoa whoa...I hope the Dallas thing is just a rumor. Kobe in green and blue is just flat out weird...

6. TheSportsGuy

TheSportsGuy Guest

Said it before this started rising, and I'll say it again: Kobe will be in purple and gold for 82 regular season games, playing half in Los Angeles.

7. Babe_Ruth

Oh I totally agree with you, I don't see him changing uniforms, some teams will make offers, but not what the Lakers want for one of the best players in the NBA. I don't see Kobe going anywhere, especially that he hasn't threaten to sit down if he doesn't get traded.

8. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

come on Chicago! Get in on those trade talks baby!

9. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

Kobe aint goin no where, besides...

Bulls: LA wants Deng and Gordon, too bad the Bulls wont wanna trade Deng
    Dallas: Pretty much just a rumor
    Suns: There was a rumor where they were going to trade Stoudemire and someone else for Kobe, but i know its false

10. Babe_Ruth

There's tons of rumours out there, and the biggest one is with the Bulls, everyone wants Deng and Gordon, but they don't want them apart, they want both of them together, and the Bulls don't want to trade both of them especially Deng, so if they didn't pull the trigger for Garnett, I doubt they'll pull the trigger for Kobe.