• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sources: Knicks, Phil Jackson met

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
New York Knicks president and general manager Steve Mills met with Phil Jackson recently regarding the possibility of Jackson becoming the team's next coach, sources told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.

The sources said Jackson, 68, told the Knicks he was not interested in the position.

The New York Daily News, meanwhile, reported Friday the Knicks have offered Jackson a front office position and that he is expected to deliver his decision sometime next week.

The report, citing a league source, said Knicks owner James Dolan met with Jackson about potentially returning to the team he helped win two championships as a player.
Source: ESPN

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Once a Knick, always a Knick. I really hope he takes the job. He would help us significantly.

StroShow

V.I.P.
Phil Jackson, Knicks finalizing deal

Phil Jackson and the New York Knicks are expected to finalize a deal that will give the legendary coach control of the club's front office by the end of this week, according to a league source.

"Everything is pretty much done," the source said. "There are just some little things here and there that need to be worked out, but the Knicks are very confident that this is essentially done."

An official announcement might not come until next week, the source said.
Source: ESPN

knickstape2107

Registered Member
You have no idea how happy Phil coming to the Knicks and this 4 game winning streak is making me!! I hope we continue to play well and keep winning.

StroShow

V.I.P.
Phil had a lot to do with the decisions that were made during the bulls dynasty. The Knicks are a complete laughing stock but acquiring Phil is no way a bad idea as long as he has full power and if he takes the job I'm sure that is what he'll have.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
it's not a bad idea on the Knicks part, but I can't see Dolan giving too much power to Jackson, since we all know how much of a glory hound James Dolan is

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jackson is a master of timing these moves. Quit the Bulls at the perfect time when the best player ever had just retired, took over the showpiece franchise right at the perfect time when they had the game's two most talented players peaking simultaneously, stepped away at the perfect time right when one of those guys left, stepped back in at the perfect time, and then out again right when they got too old and the remaining superstar started to break down physically.

I'm sure he's calculated his odds here as well. Nothing he can do to make that franchise more of a laughingstock than it's been in the last decade-plus. And any improvement and he gets hailed as the guy who turned it around.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
According to ESPN, Phil Jackson is expected to sign with the Knicks today as the president!!!!!!!! Great news!! Also, Amar'e and Tyson are expected to return on Saturday against the Bucks, so more good news!!!!! KNICKSTAPE