• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sources: Kane target of rape investigation

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Remains to be seen if this is another Ben Roethlisberger situation or if he's really guilty of these brutal charges.

Regardless, he'll always have this over this head. That and hitting that cabbie.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Yikes. You never like to see superstars get hit with something like this. Lets hope this is just some spoogedumpster trying to get money and not a case of him actually being a slimeball.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's the latest:

My guess, is that the worst thing that will happen to him is that he's going to be $500,000 less richer.

But Croce told The News that he and several of his employees noticed a young woman “hanging all over” Kane at SkyBar for at least two hours that night, putting her hands on his arms and “being very forward, very flirtatious with him.” He said he does not know the woman and does not know her name.

“It was almost like she stationed herself near him and was keeping other women away from him,” Croce said. “I noticed it and kind of laughed about it.”

A bar manager that night also noticed the woman’s behavior with Kane, Croce said.[\quote]

Rapier

V.I.P.
I remember Kobe paid and it went away. I'm sure Iron Mike was set up. I think Kane was set up also.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
I hope she's telling the truth. Not because Kane. Because of the women who are out there trying to come forward. It's going to hurt what people have done to help others come forward. If this is made up by her; she needs a lawyer. Kane has taken a reputation and financial loss... If it is made up, he will come out with guns blazing.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
A news report a few days ago said Kane recently was interviewed by police and the district attorney at his lawyers office. Kane's attorney wouldn't confirm the interview.

They are really taking their time with this and little information has become public which is good to see. I just hope this turns out the way it should regardless of the result.

lescamil

Hopeless musician
V.I.P.
Part of me wants to believe that if there was actual evidence, there would be charges by now and if not, it's all a setup for money. One can only hope. I'm not a Hawks fan, really, but I don't want to see the sport hurt by such a thing (although if he did it, he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law).

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Ugh. This was disappointing news for sure, as a Hawks fan. No idea if he's guilty or not, but it kind of surprises me that he even puts himself in these situations. He seemingly comes from a good family.

Partying and sleeping around might be a fun lifestyle, but it's definitely a huge risk if you're a celebrity as there will always be people trying to take advantage of you. Totally not worth it, in my opinion. Just get married, have a family, and stay out of the spotlight off the ice.

Rapier

V.I.P.
I hope she's telling the truth. Not because Kane. Because of the women who are out there trying to come forward. It's going to hurt what people have done to help others come forward. If this is made up by her; she needs a lawyer. Kane has taken a reputation and financial loss... If it is made up, he will come out with guns blazing.
I'd rather she was lying and that she didn't suffer the indignity and trauma that is the plight of a rape victim.