Source: White Sox to claim Manny

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Source: White Sox to claim Manny Ramirez off waivers - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN

The White Sox went after him during the trading deadline, but they weren't able to get him. Now it seems like he's going to be a White Sox player within the next few days.

The Dodgers have been one of the biggest disappointments of the season. I truly expected big things from them this season, but now that they're just one game above .500 it doesn't surprise me that they're trying to part ways with Ramirez and his contract.

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

The big transplants always wilt here. I don't know what it is about the L.A. soil.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

On the bright side, the legendary Vin Scully will be coming back for his sixty second season. I know he doesn't call every game anymore, but it's still wonderful to see him in the booth.

But on another negative side, it seems that Torre will be stepping down after the season is over.

4. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time getting into the sports section.

Anyway, this doesn't surprise me, I don't blame the Dodgers for wanting to get rid of his contract. I've always liked Manny, I hope he does well in Chicago.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Manny hasn't had a very good run with the Dodgers at all. He's hitting alright but has missed 50 games last season and he's been on and off the DL two or three times for as many (or more) games this season.

I hope he does well in Chicago. I love him as a player but can't stand him as a person.