Source: Tigers Place Sheffield On Waivers

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

RealGM Baseball: Wiretap Archives: Source: Tigers Place Sheffield On Waivers

Does this spell the end of Sheffields great career? Or someone out there will pick him off waivers? Should be interesting to see what happens with him, that's for sure.

2. SHOELESSJOE3

SHOELESSJOE3 Registered Member

Looks like it's Gary being Gary...........again. It seems like he has a problem with either the manager or the front office, with a number of teams. The manager runs the team, he makes the decisions, who plays when and where. Gary was not producing the way he once did, old injuries and age taking it's toll. Really a great hitter and dangerous in the clutch even last year not bad, 133 games, 25 home runs, closing in 39 years old, I wonder if anyone will pick him up.

I Remember when the Yanks picked him up, broadcasters saying that despite all the negative talk about Gary mouthing off when with other teams, he seemed to fit right in with NY, no conflict. But a while after leaving the Yanks he stated that Joe Torre treated white and black players differently, claimed other black players had issues with Joe, no proof of that.

I doubt he will be picked up but who can say, could be a team out there that thinks he might be of help even off the bench.

3. Babe_Ruth

Well, since Crawford was put on the Disable List by the Rays, they could pick him him. I know Baldelli is back, but who knows how long he can stay healthy for.

But either way this could be very interesting. I've always been a fan of Gary Sheffield. He's a great player, that does a lot. I still think he can contribute.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Well the truth is almost everybody is put on waivers at some point in time but I think with Sheffield they might not pull him back if someone claims him.

5. Babe_Ruth

Well it doesn't look like he got put on waivers, because he's in the Tigers line up today and he hit a home run.

This is very weird, because I've heard on television and read online that he was put on waivers, from two different sources.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Maybe they pulled him back off waivers before the game? Not sure.