Source: Taylor back to Dolphins on 1-year deal

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, May 13, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

NFL - Source: Taylor back to Dolphins on 1-year deal - FOX Sports on MSN

This is quite surprising if you ask me. First I thought he would retire because I thought he wanted to go into the movie business.

Second off he left the Dolphins in the first place because he wanted to go to a team that as chance of winning a championship.

Now he saw the Dolphins making the playoffs last season, and now he wants to go back to them.

Thoughts?

2. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

If he's got as much strength as I hope he does the Dolphins might be able to go back to the playoffs.

3. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

I wanted the Eagles to pick him up on a 1yr deal so I am pretty upset by this. There is no way we trade for Jullius Peppers which means it will probably be another season with a late push, but no Super Bowl ring to show for it, the defense has been one pass rusher short for awhile now.

The dolphins on the other hand could make another deep playoff run, I just don't see them passing teams like the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Ravens, or even the next tier Titans, Chargers, late in the playoffs. AFC is still too strong.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

That's exactly right...the bolded part. I mean its good for the Dolphins and all but its obviously Taylor is very self-centered. But whatever, I dont know how much effect he'll actuyally have.

5. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Great moves by Parcells, huh? Didn't the Redskins trade a couple of picks to Miami for him just to misuse him and dump him? And now Parcells ends up with him back at a fraction of the cost...PLUS the draft picks.

I'm surprised he came back, other than Miami looking like a team that's in contention now. I just thought he'd end up in the movies.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

As long as Peyton Manning, Roethlisberger Tom Brady are perfectly healthy with Randy Moss, the Dolphins will not be AFC East champs though they are likely to get a wild card spot.

7. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

Exactly, not only do you have them to deal with in the playoffs but Brady & Moss are in the same division. And T.O. just showed up as well. They will be lucky to make the playoffs now that I think about it. The Jets may be the low team out but they might still prove to be competitive and steal a game.

Still the fact that Parcels got the picks and the player back is insane.