Source: Pats' Employee Filmed Rams

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Boston Herald - New allegations claim that a Patriots' employee taped the Rams' final practice heading into Super Bowl XXXVI.

According to the Boston Herald, a person from New England's video department recorded St. Louis' final walk through before the 2002 championship game.

When approached on Friday night, Patriots' vice president of media relations Stacey James said, "The coaches have no knowledge of it."
RealGM Football: Wiretap Archives: Source: Pats' Employee Filmed Rams

It seems the Patriots have been taping opponents for lots of years now. I don't want to blame anyone but if this is true then Coach Billichek should be the one to blame.

redsoxocd

living on the border
if this supposedly happened, why wasnt anything said then. It doesnt make much sense to say it now...or they could've said it when the whole spygate thing was going on at the beginning of the season

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think its time for everyone to find out what is going on with the Patriots and cheating.

Wasn't it the Patriots who were listening to the Vikings' headsets a few years back and they ended up crushing them?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with you Scuba, I believe they need to have a longer investagation, and I think it was a dumb move from Goddell to say to the Patriots organization to just destroy the tapes, he should of kept them and use that an investagation tool.

Patriots have issued a statement saying that it is false and that they didn't tape the St. Louis walkthrough
I wouldn't put it past them. If they caught taping one game earlier this season whats to say they haven't done it many times before, or won't do it again?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've heard this too. Also heard they got some steep fines because of cheating with spies.

Serves them right that they lost yesterday if they did in fact cheat during their "perfect" season.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Kind of ironic that this happen to a team called the Patriots...

If it were Vikings or Steelers (haha, get it? stealers?) it'd make some sense. :D

So this is the secret to their success....:rolleyes:

They will forever be known as Bill Belicheat, Tom Shady, the New England Cheatriots, etc. But ya know I think their spying isn't actually against the law.

Isn't the "Patriot" Act still in effect?;)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
ESPN - Dick Vermeil doubts that any type of spying controversy kept the St. Louis Rams from winning the Super Bowl in 2002.

In a phone interview with the Associated Press, Vermeil had this to say about the new controversy surrounding the New England Patriots and spy tactics.

"Personally, I don't think it had any effect on the game," Vermeil told the AP. "That stuff's been going on forever, and I don't think you gain from it."
RealGM Football: Wiretap Archives: Vermeil Doubts Spying Made Difference For Pats

Vermeil knows a lot more about coaching then I do, but I have a hard time believing him when he says that "you don't gain anything for spying"