Source: Oswalt headed to Phillies

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I JUST heard about this, you beat me to it:lol:

I love Oswalt and hate to see him go but I'm happy to see him go to a contender, and teaming up with Halladay and Hamels is pretty cool.

I've heard good things about Happ, I hope all three of these guys can come in and help form a solid foundation to build on.

3. Babe_Ruth

Well, you just got another young stud CO. The Blue Jays traded one of their biggest prospects in Brett Wallace for Anthony Gose(he was a player involved in the Oswalt trade)

I'm extremely pissed that our GM did this trade, Wallace was the future first baseman of this team. He was playing so well in Triple-A, and he trades him away.

Gose was the fifth ranked prospect in Philadelphia and he's playing pretty bad in the minors right now. Stupid, stupid trade and it's going to bite us in the ass.

4. CaptainObvious

I've never heard of Gose but I've heard of Wallace, I'm really happy about it then.

Wonder if this means Berkman may be gone soon as well or if they're going to keep Wallace in the minors and just groom him.

5. Babe_Ruth

Starting next season Wallace will be ready for the big leagues. I don't believe they should bring him up till September since they expand the roster spots. It's a good way to bring him up slowly and see what he can do against Major League pitchers.

6. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Double fuck on this trade as a Cardinal fan...

I didnt think we'd get him after the Astros asked for too much but Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels in that rotation? That's sick.

And now Houston gets Brett Wallace? That kid is going to be a STUD. Its amazing how much he's bounced around though...makes ya wonder.

St Louis
    Oakland
    Toronto
    Houston

In a manner of a year! lol

7. Babe_Ruth

I was telling that to my friends yesterday as well, it does make you wonder. Maybe you know more than I do Millz, but does he character issues? I haven't read anything about him being a bad teammate or anything of that nature.

There as to be a reason why a prospect of his nature got traded so many times, in so little time.

8. CaptainObvious

Yeah I was wondering the same thing too. Everything I read about the guy makes me excited to have gotten him. But it does make me wonder why he's bounced around so much and why Toronto was willing to trade him for Gose.

9. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Brett Wallace doesn't have any character issues that I know of. He's a subpar defender but that was at third base...he'll be perfect at first base. I can't believe Toronto moved him....he could have DH'ed or played first base over there.

I bet he'll be starting for Houston in 2011.

10. Babe_Ruth

The only reason I believe he got traded is because they want to move Lind at first base after this season. They have Wells, Snider and Lewis as their "future outfielders" I don't see them getting rid of Wells because of the size of his contract, and Snider is a stud prospect.

But like said he could of been a DH.

Alex, who is the GM of the Jays had a phone interview and he said he's really high on Gose, they've been scouting him for a while. From what I've read so far, he's not all that impressive. But I guess that's why he's GM and I'm not.

None the less, Gose probably won't be in the big leagues till 2012-2013, which is another piss off.