Source: Jays' Rios claimed on waivers, but by who?

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Players go through waivers all the time...not surprised someone put a claim on him. The Jays would be off the hook for his entire contract...they could still pull him off waivers though if they want too

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I know teams put players on waivers all the time, they just want to see if anyone would be interested in him, and it seems like a few teams like the Giants and the White Sox are.

Even though he's not having a great year I still think he has the potential to be a great player in this league for a number of years.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Everyone seems to think it would be a huge success for Toronto if they got off the hook on Rios' contract...which I think is kinda weird...didnt they just sign him??

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah he's signed through 2014 I believe with an option for 2015. A lot of people think the Jays are wasting his defensive talent in right field, his stronger position is center field, but they already have a great defensive center fielder in Wells already.

Should be interesting to see what happens in the next few days with this.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Interesting...

Alot of people think its the White Sox who put the claim on him. Wouldnt surprise me because they need someone to man centerfield. Wise and Podsednik arent as good as Rios.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Any other thoughts on this MJ? Rios was claimed by the White Sox and they are taking on his entire 60+ million dollar salary. Toronto saves a ton of money here.