Source: Flip Will Return Next Season

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Good to see. I think he'll have a new attitude with his team at camp though but it'll be fun to see how he handles this year's exit to the Cavs. I think we could see one of the best Pistons teams in years next season.

3. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm really surprised that Flip Saunders didn't get that much heat from the reporters because he lost the Conference Finals to the Cavaliers. I really expect this team to blow up this summer. I have a hard time seeing Chauncey Billups and Rasheed Wallace, being in a Pistons uniform next year, and the same can almost be said with Chris Webber. So unlike you said Andrew I beleive that this team will be very different from last years team. Sayin that I think their dominance in the East is over. Inless they can re-sign Billups and add a key free agent in the summer.

4. andrew_bishop

Saunders did a damn good job this year and sure he exited a little earlier he still had a good run and I think the entrire Pistons team will be back and hungry for a title next year.

5. bballinyao06

bballinyao06 Guest

I think the Pistons will always be hungry for a title. They keep getting kicked out of the playoffs by the Heat and now the Cavaliers. They really need to use this offseason to rest and to focus on what they need to do to win the championship if they are, next year. The team has a really good core of players with playoff experience but if the Cavs can beat them with just Lebron and Gibson running all over them then they need to work on their defense as well.

6. andrew_bishop

I think they were too confident when they won the first two games against the Cavs. They got over confident in themselves and before they realized it they were gone.

7. fpwarriors65

fpwarriors65 Guest

I disagree with them being the best team next season. They are getting older, Webber will start getting worse, Billups is a free agent, Sheed has been linked to several trades from what i have heard, overall this "dynasty" is going to have to end and this might be the time that2 new powers emerge in the east. THe Cavs, and the bulls

8. andrew_bishop

I forgot about Billups being a free agent. I wonder if he'll actually resign this year , But I think the Pistons will still have a decent team. Sheed likely might not get delt and some other guys like Prince can step up and play some bigger roles.