• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Source Code

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Some of you may remember that I made a bit of a big fuss about a sci-fi film a little while back called Moon directed by David Bowie's son. Well this is his next film starring Jake Gyllenhael. Source Code is is built on an interesting premise. Jake Gyllenhael plays some sort of cop who has the ability to go back in time to control a persons body for the last 8 minutes of their life. Using this techology they're trying to find out who blew up a train.

YouTube - 'Source Code' Trailer

I think it looks quite cool. Almost like a new take on Quantum Leap.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
That trailer is full of awesome! Twisted and all that, I love it! Plus I like the lead actors. it's something I'd watch in the theatres. So it's the same director as Moon huh? Does that mean I get this DVD from you too? :p

Konshentz

Konshentz
I've seen the trailer quite a few times now. The story looks pretty cool, and I had no idea the director of Moon also did this. I really liked that movie. I look forward to seeing this on DVD.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
That trailer is full of awesome! Twisted and all that, I love it! Plus I like the lead actors. it's something I'd watch in the theatres. So it's the same director as Moon huh? Does that mean I get this DVD from you too? :p
What's it worth to you? ;)

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I will try to see this in theaters, but I will not rush out to see this...

I find it interesting that Duncan Jones is David Bowie's son... just figured that out hahaha.

The plot is interesting, but it seems too much like the film Deja Vu.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Thank you for reminding me to watch this again. Not his best. but I find it so damn entertaining. Haha.

I kind of wish it wasn't Gyllenhaal in this. I like him and everything, but I'd rather see a Gordon-Levitt or someone like that. Maybe that's just me.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Thank you for reminding me to watch this again. Not his best. but I find it so damn entertaining. Haha.

I kind of wish it wasn't Gyllenhaal in this. I like him and everything, but I'd rather see a Gordon-Levitt or someone like that. Maybe that's just me.
I don't know, I kinda dig Gyllenhaal at the moment and he has that Bambi look that fits the role, at the same time he looks good enough to make the "romantic hero" angle work too. :lol:

I will try to see this in theaters, but I will not rush out to see this...

I find it interesting that Duncan Jones is David Bowie's son... just figured that out hahaha.

Yeah, I didn't know that either. I'm glad he didn't go about making movies as Duncan Bowie, to ride the fame. I've seen Déjà-vu and I didn't get a déja-vu of that when I watched this trailer.

What's it worth to you? ;)
When is this coming out? I'll watch it in the theatres and then we'll talk. :p

Maybe I should buy you Serendipity first....

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Belle heres some trivia, Duncan Jones' birth name was actually Zowie Bowie. No wonder he went the other way and picked an incredibly average name for himself.

Konshentz

Konshentz
:lol: @ Zowie Bowie.

Oh man, if I had been blessed with that fabulous name, I probably would've changed it to John Smith. There's nothing plainer than that, right?

Anyways, yeah, watching the trailer I didn't get déja-vu of Déjà-vu either.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
This is definitely worth a watch guys. Gyllenhael gives a great performance. He's been over due a good film for a while now. Duncan Jones is well on his way to becoming the new king of sci-fi with this and Moon under his belt. Source code deals with a lot of similar themes as moon actually. My only disappointment is that the ending isnt that strong.
Its ironic that it probably should've finished about 8 minutes before it did. If it had ended with them frozen on the kiss and not gone into the happy ending crap it would've been awesome. Everything after that felt too cheesey and tacked on as if it was added last minute.