Registered Member
This is amazingly tasty even though you may think Cauliflower soup? yuk!:lol:

Cauliflower Soup

1 Large Onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic crushed
1 large cauliflower
1 and a half pints of chicken or vegetable stock
2 tablespoons of cream (single)

Sweat off the onions and garlic in a large pan, until soft but not brown. Add the stock. (I normally use chicken stock, i think its tastier, but if you are a veggi then use veg stock of course:) Then add the cuali just break off the florets in clumps it dont matter how big or small. Bring to the boil then turn down to simmer very low for about an hour. Blend till smoothish, then reheat but not to boiling point and add the cream just before serving.
serve with croutons,, or some nice crispy bread:D

If you want to make this and reheat to serve later, just dont add the cream till you are ready to eat. Its also down to personal taste as well and may look a bit fancier if you just add a swirl of cream to the bowl of soup just as you serve, nice for a dinner party:nod:

Last edited:

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
When I saw the title of the thread "Soup", I never anticipated anything like this. Cauliflower soup!.......interestingly different from the soups I'm accustom to.......very interesting! Thanks for the share.

Saffy

Registered Member
When I saw the title of the thread "Soup", I never anticipated anything like this. Cauliflower soup!.......interestingly different from the soups I'm accustom to.......very interesting! Thanks for the share.
No probs RJ:D I got that one off my sister, but i have made it and its yummy:nod:
I havent tried variating it yet but im sure you could do the same with other veg ,, such as maybe root veg like parsnip and swede,, or even pumpkin:D

Last edited: