Soul

leomay

Registered Member
we thinks that soul is suppositional,it wrong."soul" is a matter.
it u think,,in fact it u spirit.
when one person died ,his spirit gone, it leave his body.

Nobody really knows. I guess it is what you make it. To many people, it is the part of a person that isn't phsyical and consists of their personality and morals etc and leaves the body after the body dies. To others, it is a load of nonsense.

Steerpike

Registered Member
Nobody really knows. I guess it is what you make it. To many people, it is the part of a person that isn't phsyical and consists of their personality and morals etc and leaves the body after the body dies. To others, it is a load of nonsense.
If we don't know what it is, then how can we know if it exists?

If the "soul" is a composite of the personality and sense of ethics of a person, then that composite exists by definition.

If this composite is the soul, then it is unique to each individual. This would also mean that the "soul" is "shaped" by the experiences of the individual.

Why/how would this composite "outlive" the body?

DrewKP

Registered Member
In my opinion the soul is an interpretation/illusion of the self. Soul is the individual viewed under the scope of religion/dualism. To take it seriously is to assume that it is everything the individual is, merely disconnected from the physical form. Think of the soul as the driver of a car, your the driver and your body is the car. To make it short the soul is you and to accept the soul means to accept that your body is simply a vessel you can be disconnected from. Why it would exist really depends on the religious lens your viewing it from. I myself don't believe in the soul though, just thought i'd throw in my two cents.

If we don't know what it is, then how can we know if it exists?
I don't think we do. When I said "nobody really knows" I meant for both what it is and whether it exists. :)

If the "soul" is a composite of the personality and sense of ethics of a person, then that composite exists by definition.
But not everybody believes that, I just meant that thats what it is to some people. And to those people, yeah they believe the soul does exist.

If this composite is the soul, then it is unique to each individual. This would also mean that the "soul" is "shaped" by the experiences of the individual.

Why/how would this composite "outlive" the body?
I guess some people think that the soul is somehow detached from the body, so when the body dies it doesn't harm the soul as well.

leomay

Registered Member
if fact soul is u really body (it is soul ),we should know that in religion that they say "body in earth is like a cloth ,who dress it ,that is who "what that mean ?
how do u apprehend that saying ?where our real body exist ?how can he dress the body ?
well .we should understand that saying really mean first .if fact master said a little words ,but it have apprehended means .
we should know that molecule is make of atom,and atom is make of proton ,and so on till the end .
we can used our eye to see the celestial body and the object who maked of molecule.that what we can see ,
in fact ,the distance between molecule and atom is so far as the distance between the earth and stars.and the same between proton to till the end .
in that microcosmic word it big as ours ,
,in a range area,masters called it as "san jie ', in this range our body is like a dress ,the senior life whose body is make of microcosmic can through the materal like object ,it can stay in our body .and control it , it is our soul ,
and u "This would also mean that the "soul" is "shaped" by the experiences of the individual."
it is that ,our thought in this world can change the soul too ,there r uniform.
like if u eat meat u can strong u body ,if u change u mood u body have act too .

and i should expain the saying "god make people by mud ".many donnot undstand this ,how the mud can be a people?
if fact u think careful.what we eat ,what we drink ,,our who body` substances r from the earth ,coming from dirt ,just like people make plastic from the dirt ..when we died we become dirt too ,,,
we r just distilled from dirt ,,
and how god make people ? our body is so excellent.well ,he just make it from microcosmic and macroscopical at the same time ,it appeared in earth..

Steerpike

Registered Member
In my opinion the soul is an interpretation/illusion of the self. Soul is the individual viewed under the scope of religion/dualism. To take it seriously is to assume that it is everything the individual is, merely disconnected from the physical form. Think of the soul as the driver of a car, your the driver and your body is the car. To make it short the soul is you and to accept the soul means to accept that your body is simply a vessel you can be disconnected from. Why it would exist really depends on the religious lens your viewing it from. I myself don't believe in the soul though, just thought i'd throw in my two cents.
Would the being-for-itself fill most of this definition (minus the religous trappings) of "soul?"

I guess some people think that the soul is somehow detached from the body, so when the body dies it doesn't harm the soul as well.
For those that do believe the soul exists, then they must have an idea of what it is and how to justify this belief that it can exist without the body.

Last edited:

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
I don't believe in the idea of a corporeal or metaphysical soul.

I do believe that the concept of the mind is far more than just a synonym for the brain- and it performs many of the functions usually delegated to the 'soul'.

snowflake

Registered Member
Does a soul really exsit,
I dont't believe anyone will ever be able to answer that question. If it does exist are we surrounded by souls right now !

Personally i don't think they exist,

If it does exist, when the body dies .. Do you get reincarnated, do you get the same soul?