Sore ribs


Sultan of Swat
Staff member
So one of my friends as sore ribs, it doesn't hurt when he touches them, it only hurts when he moves a certain way, sneezes, jumps, coughs.

Any suggestions? I told him to wrap them up, do you believe that's a good idea?


still nobody's bitch
he probably ought to go to the doctor and have it x-rayed. I'm not sure what you can do for sore ribs but he should make sure nothing is broken. A broken rib has the potential to puncture a lung.


Registered Member
No, he should see a doctor. If he has broken ribs, the hospital or the doctor will wrap him up in tight bandages to support them while they heal.

He might have a 'dislocated' rib. I'd never heard of this till I got one. It clicked when I moved and was very painful. The physiotherapist I was sent to manipluated it back into place.