• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

wut Soooooooooo... I Missed It...

AwkwardlyYours

Registered Member
So, I was sitting in my room, grumping about having to dispose of majority of my belongings so I can move to a far-away land called Australia or some such nonsense, and I was playing a video game called "The Secret World." Then I got super mega frustrated and gave up because... whatever. Then I got bored with everything on the planet and thought:

"You know what I really miss? Having a group of people I don't actually know to chat with... I suppose I could return to GF... or at least... have a look-see. Considering I had to drop out of school for medical reasons, I have a lot of time on my hands... why not give it a shot..."

So, I'm at least TEMPORARILY back... if not, back for a while...

TL;DR

Missed you guys? Umm... those of you that I know, anyway... not sure about you newer people, but I'm sure you're lovely. :)

Um... discuss.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Hey! Welcome back! You're going to australia? try not to get devoured by a giant spider!

AwkwardlyYours

Registered Member
Yeah, Australia-bound. To live with a lanky nerdy-type whose first name is coincidentally my last name. And also two cats to be named "Trace" and "Logi" (as in LogiTech... long story). Ummm... And there are no giant spiders hanging around Perth as far as we know, so... it'll be alright. :)

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm too new for you to remember me but its nice to have you back and hope you will stay awhile.

Hope you are feeling better.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Welcome back! It's nice to see a returning member,

How are things?

AwkwardlyYours

Registered Member
Well, long version:

I was in school again, working toward my BA in English. I was in my last semester. Over Christmas break, I'd gone to see my boyfriend, Martin, in Australia. I was bitten by a mosquito a few times and thought nothing of it.

Without realizing, I contracted Ross River Virus through the mosquito bites. And missed a good majority of the first five weeks of classes. Finally, after numerous doctors failed to give me medication that would help (Since they can't diagnose Ross River Virus in America and RRV can't be cured anyway), we decided it was best I just come home and rest. So now I'm a bit better, my joints are still awful, but I'm doing better, I'm getting myself to the gym every day, and I'm eating better.

Now I'm moving to Australia in July, and in the mean time I'm just... sittin' around on my bum a lot playing video games and being bored out of my brain. Doing a lot of writing when I can focus...

Short Version:

Things are alright. I'm not in school anymore so I'm bored.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Welcome back, AY. It's always good to see familiar faces returning. Hope you stick around for a while. You might remember me as Echoes. But then again, you might not remember me at all. It's ok, I wouldn't remember me either.

AwkwardlyYours

Registered Member
Welcome back, AY. It's always good to see familiar faces returning. Hope you stick around for a while. You might remember me as Echoes. But then again, you might not remember me at all. It's ok, I wouldn't remember me either.
Echoes, don't be SILLY. Or... Major!, don't be silly! Of course I remember you! I mean, I've been gone a while, but I didn't suddenly forget everybody. I remember you all, I'm just not so good with the keeping-in-touch bit. I get side-tracked easily by life, I suppose. But it's good to see you! <3

dDave

V.I.P.
AY!

It's nice to see you here.

Sad to hear that you got sick. I had mono once, that was pretty awful (lasted for about 4 weeks) so I know how it feels to be completely out of commission for a while.

Still, good to see you back. :)

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Wow, you contracted a wild disease! You got the full Australia experience :lol: Hopefully ou stick around and have fuN!