Wii sooo....

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by maddengamer_66, Nov 19, 2006.

1. maddengamer_66

maddengamer_66 Registered Member

the wii dropped today, and i know someone here got one, id like to know from someone how the game play is, since the ps3 is sold out and ridiculously expensive, and since the xbox 360 price hasnt dropped, im considering buying one... but i need someone to tell me how the system is before i make my decision....

2. Yung_Impression

Yung_Impression Registered Member

^^i don't have one, but there was a long line at my wal-mart waiting for the Wii.

3. Thermal

Thermal Registered Member

I got really, really lucky, and ended up getting one. So far, I'm loving every aspect. Wii Sports really show the potential of the system. Personally, I've haven't had so much fun with any system since playing Super Mario 64.

4. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I got mine launch day. not in one bit dissappointed.

Had Twilight Princess and Rayman before I even had the console.

Wii Sports (bowling inperticular) gets the most play time. Have bowled 120 games myself since launch. (that not including my kids, Wife, Mother, Brother, neighbors, nephews/nieces, and in-laws)

Wii sports has probably seen well over 100 hours in play time, while Twilight Princess has seen a whole 23 hours total...

Rayman has seen about 5 hours

Excite Truck has seen about 3 hours

All excellent games, but Wii Sports just has the party feel, and I am not alone enough to get into the single player games...

Just got Tony Hawks Downhill Jam for christmas... Put about 30 minutes into it so far, also another good game... dont think I will get into any other games until Wii Sports wears off, and I finish Twilight Princess.

Is it worth it?

Wii has more than payed for itself in my household!

5. GUARD

GUARD New Member

i got a wii launch day and i got to tell ya........ITS THE BEST CONSOLE EVER CREATED TODAY BY FAR!!!!!!!!!! even if i know im not the only one..... I got 4 wiimotes, 4 nunchuks, 4 classic controlers, 1 sd card (1 gig to store my memory), 3 points card (6000 wii points), HD cable (480p), and 8 games........which are wii sports, exite truck, dragonball z budokai tenkaichi 2, call of duty 3, red steel, the legend of zelda twilight princess (my favourite), trauma center second opinion, and farcry vengeance. I love em all.....the only and only dissapointment was red steel because it has many glitches, the sword fight timing is off and its not what i expected at all.......but...it doesnt suck. I allready beat all my game besides farcry which i bought yesterday...........THE WII IS SWEEEEEETTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  6. maddengamer_66

maddengamer_66 Registered Member

so given the choice between the 360 and the wii, which do u think is better?
    things to consider
    price: which is worth it more, the 250 for the wii or the 400 for the 360?
    upcoming titles: halo 3 and halo wars is supposed to be huge... are the titles comin for the wii gonna be a little bit close to how big those are?
    glitches:any major glitches on either system that ruin the gameplay? i know redsteel has one but that game didnt look to appealing to me anyway...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I've had the bester experience with the 360. It has the same variety of games as the Ps3, and at a better price. For a good, fun bargain the Wii is the way to go.

8. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Go Wii my man...

You will have more fun with Wii Sports than you will with any other next gen game. All 360 and PS3 have are last gen-games with spiffier graphics.

Wii gives you a completly new experiance, games like Wii Sports, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Zelda TP (though also playable on GC) though I think its better on Wii! Best game since LttP!

You can either play games that you played last gen with better graphis, or you can experiance the new gen with Wii... The choice is yours

My bet is with Wii.

9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Yeah, but I do have some favorites on the 360, like the Need for Speed series and Halo. I also like playing the Call of Duty series, so yeah. I will probably end up wiht both after I fix my monetary problems.