• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 2 Sony or Microsoft?

BIGBIG_breadbox

I say Sony because I do not like Microsoft much. Too much technical difficulties. :sick:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well you know a lot of people have had trouble with Sony too. The XBOX is much more sturdy than the PS2.

I like XBOX controllers more than PS2 though.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I like everything about Xbox better than PS2. Better controller, better graphics, more durable, better games, etc. There are very few PS2 games I would consider getting. I had a PS2 for a while (actually only a couple months) and sold it since there were no games I wanted.

yooperchick

Registered Member
I personally do not care too much for Microsoft as a corporation. Plus, I am a mac user and I could care less about Windows. I never really got into the xbox probably for that reason. We briefly had one (from a contest) but we sold it. We purchased the original Playstation, and just have been going with Playstation consoles ever since.

I have heard many good things about the Microsoft consoles compared to Sony and sometimes Sony can be very arrogant, but at this point - I would welcome any new console that came in our house. Having a Nintendo is nice, but you definitely are missing the "wow" factor.

Wrecked

Registered Member
MS, cause they're the under dog. i don't even understand why everyone hates them.

i also like the xbox > ps2. IMO quality > quantity. plus i like the controllers [ the feel, the button placement, and the break-away cord ] and xbox live rules.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I went with the Playstation. I had the original, and I've grown fond of some of the system specific franchises that are available to me.