Sonics moving to Oklahoma City.

Discussion in 'NBA' started by DaSportsGuy, Nov 2, 2007.

1. DaSportsGuy

DaSportsGuy Registered Member

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's been awhile that the Sonics have been trying to relocate, and after the Katrina disaster, the Hornets played their games in Oklohoma City, and it had a great fan base, so I don't see a problem for the Sonics moving there. It's ashame to see a franchise leave like that, especially that your future looks bright, but it needs to be done.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I bet Seattle fans are against this. On the other hand, maybe the Sonics could get more media attention if they moved away from the corner that is Seattle.

4. Fireball

Fireball Registered Member

Seattleites don't care. That's why roughly 90% of us voted against funding for a new arena for them. Seattle has never been a basketball town, take it from me. And though it'll feel a little strange to have the only team that's ever won the city a championship (not counting the Storm, who are also probably gone.) I personally won't feel any great sadness, and I know no one who will.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Did anything ever get decided about this? I heard for a while that they could possibly move to Vegas as well, which I think would be a good option for them.

6. Brandon77

Brandon77 Registered Member

Wow. That's a shocker. They've been in Seattle for as long as I can remember. Decades upon decades. Guess the team has to do what's best for them economically speaking. After all, Money is what makes the world go round.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I don't think Vegas is a great place for a team. Players might get too sidetracked with all the things to do and not concentrate on their game.

I guess if they can get over that, home games will have even more advantages...