Sonics And Suns Talking Trade?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by scottmcgrady, Jun 25, 2006.

1. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

If Marion and Lewis get traded for eachother, i don't think it would be a good trade because Marion is better than Lewis and i don't think that Lewis is what the Suns need, Marion is what the Suns need. Your thoughts?

2. I agree with you, but it's all about money these days.

3. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

True and if they did trade for the money, i would get so angry. There is one thing i hate an NBA player and that is if they are playing just for the money and with no heart, i hate that and I'm not saying that they are just in it for the money, because they seem to play with heart, but if they are actually in it just for the money, i would get so angry.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Marion is good and an important part of the Suns team. He's one of their key players. If they go through with this, I hope the Suns will still be as good as before.

And yes, it is for the money. Even though the owners are millionaires and billionaires, they still don't want to pay extra cash if they don't need to.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This would be a good trade for both sides in a way because Lewis and Marion are very good players, but both in a couple of years will make a lot of money especially Lewis. But I truly believe that this trade would help the Sonics more then the suns, because Marion is like a 5 tool party.

6. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

Why does Phoenix want to get rid of Marion so much?

Anyone eles think Mike D'antonio is a bad GM?

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The reason why is because in a couple of years he's going to want a lot of money, and that's the same thing with Rashad Lewis, so like the message said they want to avoid salary cap, so if they get Marion salary off the books then it will help them a lot with that.

8. Midnight

Midnight Guest

Sure in financial terms that benefits the Suns. On the court, I think the Suns give up a lot of hustle and scoring in Marion. He is one of their most versatile players. Rashard Lewis doesn't or probably won't have nearly the same impact.

The NBA is a business.

9. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

Shawn Marion is undderated. Without Shawn Marian, i dont think phoenix can win a champianship. Rashard Lewis cant replace shawn marion. Period.

10. Too Easy

Too Easy Guest

The only reason the Sonics are thinkin of doing this is because they believe Rashard will leave them next year cause he has the option to opt out of his contract, and they dont want to lose him for nothing. However Shawn Marion fits the Suns system really well so i dont understand what they will be accomplishing by this trade. I know that by taking Rashard they will save money but Shawn Marion does a lot of intagiable things for the team, he hustles for loose balls, rebounds, and always plays hard. A very underated player indeed. IMO I think that Rashard and Tim Thomas are somewhat similar so i dont know why you would do something like this. I dounbt this will happen but if it does, it might take some time to see who got the better of the trade.