• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SEGA Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 For iPhone

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Has anybody else here played Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2 for the iPhone? I downloaded the first one the other day to check it out and it's actually pretty awesome. It's the same game as I remember for Genesis back in the day.

The control is a little weird with the touch screen, and unfortunately, I think it hurts the gameplay a bit, but the game itself is identical.

I only played the first few levels at this point. The first game is free (or paid if you want to remove ads) and the second one is only available for $1.99. Not bad though if you think about it. I paid $40 for that game back in the day, haha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I will have to check that out. Sonic The Hedgehog on the Genesis was my first major game after the Nintendo, and I played the hell out of it.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Interesting. I played the holy hell outta the first game and my Sega doesn't work anymore.

So I am tempted.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Interesting. Considering many of us has played it on the Sega Genesis when we were kids, I'm sure many will be willing to try this version as well.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I was a big Sega kid back in the day. Sonic 2 and Greendog: The Beached Surfer Dude were a couple of my favorite games. I would never play them on my phone. I'm just not built that way. *shrugs*