• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

3ds Sonic Rush, finally a decent Sonic Game.

dDave

V.I.P.
Finally after years of #'D sonic games that weren't very good, a 2-D side scrolling game comes out. Its the basic same thing as the original sonic games except Blaze the Cat is a new added character. Does anybody play Sonic Rush?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hated the 3D sonic games. None of them were fun at all. I think they could still be fun but they need to lose the feeling that Sonic on acid. It works in a sidescroller but running around at 100 MPH in 3d and collecting coins is a little bit too arcade-ish for me.

I haven't played Sonic Rush but I do have a DS. Maybe I'll check it out sometime.

dDave

V.I.P.
the game is just like the original sonic games, the perfect sidescrolling version, (YES FINALLY!) it basically is just like the original sonic games except yes the graphics are much clearer and the levels are twice as tall due to the fact that Nintendo uses the touch screen and the top screen for gameplay, the screens kind of make one big screen.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Sounds interesting. I really miss good side-scrolling games.

dDave

V.I.P.
I love the game, there are a couple of levels here and there that are really annoying such as sky split zone but other than that one level I like the game. I don't know what to think of Blaze the cat because to be honest I never beat the first level with her. The game saves after you beat each zone not act so you do get annoyed about that. The only part of the game that incorporates 3-D at all is the bosses and only some of those are true 3-D bosses. Overall I would say that I would rather be playing the original Sonic (Obviously) but this game is fun too.

Doc

V.I.P.
I always wondered, is it fast?

That's what made Sonic 2 so great for me, I found it to be the fastest Sonic game I ever played.

dDave

V.I.P.
If you mean fast by how long it takes to finish the game then no.
If you mean fast by how fast the characters move, I can say this, I was running so fast that I didn't actually have the time to make sure that I Knew where I was. There are also some special added jumps and power boosts in the game the make Sonic go incredibly fast, and as I said before, I have no idea what Blaze the cat can do since I never even played as her. The bosses in this game do have an odd twist to them, they are kind of in a 2-D/3-D style you know, where you can move in a 3-D place but only go along vertain parts of the 3-D thing that gives it a 2-D feel.

Last edited:

Doc

V.I.P.
It sounds like a fun game, it's a shame I have some consoles to buy ahead of a DS.