• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Songs you never delete from your mp3 player or ipod

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
What songs do you have on your ipod or mp3 player that you never seem to delete. Perhaps when it comes to applying new tracks to your device you just don't seem to get rid of them perhaps you cannot bare not having the option to listen to them.
Even if you insist on a change of tune, like I often do, there still seems to be tracks on it that you always have. I have loads, I just can't get rid of them, I don't want to, even if I think I do...

I'm a bloody git for it. Can't seem to let go of some tracks because they are absolutely bloody awesome and I could listen to them whenever in all probability.

What sort of tracks are like this for you?

Five of mine include:
Sober - by Tool
Chop Suey - by System of a Down
Terrible Lie - by Nine Inch Nails
Change (In the House of Flies) - by The Deftones
Stockholm Syndrome - by Muse

Among many many others

You?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
My entire Muse library. Everything else is expendable.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I never delete songs. Is that not normal? My music taste is kind of limited, I generally only tend to like older bands with the exception of about 3 artists, lol. Obviously I find 'new' stuff that I like all the time, but it just gets added to my itunes on top of all the rest.

Don't think I have ever deleted a song before.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I never delete songs. Is that not normal? My music taste is kind of limited, I generally only tend to like older bands with the exception of about 3 artists, lol. Obviously I find 'new' stuff that I like all the time, but it just gets added to my itunes on top of all the rest.

Don't think I have ever deleted a song before.
How large is your mp3 device? How much music do you have? I just find the lack of deletion peculiar.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
A few songs that I've never deleted from my iPod are:

- The entire Hello Nasty album by The Beastie Boys
- The Rocket to Russia album by The Ramones
- Letter to My Unborn Child - Tupac Shakur
- Soda and Soap - Masta Ace feat. Jean Grae
- House of the Holy album by Led Zeppelin
- Version 2.0 - Bloc Party (And pretty much anything else by them)

There's like a bunch more but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Everything gets deleted at some point. My favorites always come back, but nothing stays forever.

Impact

V.I.P.
I actually don't delete and I need to get around to sorting through some things. But considering I can fit all the music on my itunes into my mp3 it doesn't really matter.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
How large is your mp3 device? How much music do you have? I just find the lack of deletion peculiar.
Just about 1000 songs, somewhere over 4GB. 10 GB free. I only add to it like once a month and the whole thing got wiped a yearish ago when my computer went bust.

I don't have a single song on my ipod that I'm not fond of. I love them all and I guess that's why I never delete any or change it much.

Dekzper

Registered Member
What I use most is my Sansa Fuze and it's 8 gb so I only get about 2,000 chunes. I could prolly get more but I need the flash type cause the other type skips. I'm always checking new chunes but there are a few that I totally like and would never delete cause they remind me of things or they're just totally awesome.
Boy In Static - Where It Ends
Linkin Park - Papercut
Starkillers - Scream
Brokencyde - Kandyland
The Vines - Get Free
Magnetic Man - I Need Air
My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay
Prolly some others too.

Diederick

Registered Member
My entire Muse library. Everything else is expendable.
Muse is extremely enjoyable, yes. I'm so happy to see more people have the sense and taste to like their work... it gives me hope that humanity is not lost after all. :cool:

Songs that never get deleted from my phone are songs which strike a chord in me, emotional stuff. Usually classical, with great lyrics or a good feel to it, or something which fits into those three categories which was a movie soundtrack; that tends to catch me as well. Toad the wet sprocket is one of those bands which makes stuff that will never be deleted from my phone.