• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Songs you like, from Genres you don't

Malificus

Likes snow
I dislike country, so when I heard Devil went Down to Georgia and actually liked it, I was caught by surprise. What other examples do people here have of something like this happening?

L

lilbballfrk

i like damn.. uh.. that one where its like opera-ish. its a famous song but i cant put my finger on the name.. anyways, its a good song witha great rythem!

Turbo

Registered Member
your basically asking about guilty pleasures. my main love is anything rock, from classic to heavy metal/hard rock and everything in between. but my guilty pleasures are:

The Devil Went Down To Georgia - The Charlie Daniels Band
Beautiful - Christina Aguilera - shes sooooooooooooooo hot too
Viva Forever - Spice Girls

thats all i'll admit to for now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate Country as well but I like Garth Brooks the Red Stroke it's an awesome song.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Ya I really hate country but there are some of the older songs I like. Like any Charlie Daniels Band songs.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah a lot of songs that are from country singers will surprise a lot of people, I am not saying their all great because their not. but I believe a few of them are pretty good, if you give them a chance.

K

kajin_phoenixlord

Well there was one case. I couldn't stand pop music to save my life, but I ended up liking "Bye, Bye, Bye" by N'Sync.

Malificus

Likes snow
TurboniumNY said:
your basically asking about guilty pleasures.
Actually, I'm asking about songs you like, from genres you don't. Guilty Pleasures are a whole different thing. This thread is for an awesome song that just really stands out in a genre, a guilty pleasure is more like if you're addicted to the Barney "I love you" song.

D

Dunkelhell

I normally dislike rap very much so, but holy hell if Hits From the Bong by Cypress Hill isn't the shizzle I don't know what is...