Songs to Get Married to

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
What songs would you consider great songs to play while the wedding party, bride and groom walk down the aisle at a wedding?

Obviously there are the traditional Pachelbel's Canon in D and whatnot, but I am talking more about the less conventional stuff such as movie soundtracks or band instrumentals.

What are your favorites for such an occasion?

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
What songs would you consider great songs to play while the wedding party, bride and groom walk down the aisle at a wedding?

Obviously there are the traditional Pachelbel's Canon in D and whatnot, but I am talking more about the less conventional stuff such as movie soundtracks or band instrumentals.

What are your favorites for such an occasion?
Ha! As you can imagine I went for the tradition Canon in D. But when it was my turn to walk down, the choir changed music to sing Treulich Gehfurt (bridal chorus by wagner) a cappella.

When I sing for weddings, sometimes the bride and groom would request their themesong to be played as the bride walks down the aisle. Traditional love songs though. I haven't been to a wedding with rock song playing.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have this family friend who got married and his wife to be sang the Titanic - Celine Dion song herself, yes... recorded it and played it herself as she walked down the aisle. It was pretty awkward to be honest. But then again I guess you could call it a backyard style wedding, it was hosted in a small town in the "community center barn" :hah: usually any time a Barn is involved in a wedding I think most traditional bets are off.

But yeah... the song was horrible, she wasn't as good of a singer as she thought she was. Also... that wasn't the only bad thing about that wedding... the theme was Sunflowers and Cowboy Hats. :heh:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I once went to a very religious wedding where the bride walked down the aisle to the song "How Beautiful" sung acapello. It was actually quite lovely.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I think a song that never gets old in my mind is chasing cars by snow patrol. Its just a simple and beautiful song. There's a poppy version out there for people who want it to be more upbeat.

Bliss

Sally Twit
To be honest I think it depends on where you get married. If you get married in a Church then I believe you should have the traditional song.
If you get married elsewhere then I think it'd be nice to have a song that means something to you. When couples say "This is our song" then it should be used at your wedding if it's really that special.

To be honest I think it depends on where you get married. If you get married in a Church then I believe you should have the traditional song.
If you get married elsewhere then I think it'd be nice to have a song that means something to you. When couples say "This is our song" then it should be used at your wedding if it's really that special.
I agree with you there. Unless the 'our song' is something really cringey and would ruin the atmosphere. I do like the idea of traditional wedding music for a church wedding though.