Songs that sounds the same

Discussion in 'Music' started by pro2A, Jul 18, 2007.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

What two songs can you think of that sound similiar, have the same lines, some beat or whatever. An example I can think of is Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby and David Bowie - Under Pressure. Another is Chuck Berry - Sweet little sixteen and Beach Boys - Surfin' USA.

2. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

Has anyone ever heard of Cascada? All of her songs sound about the same.

They're all pretty much main-stream techno songs that have some love lyrics found on the back of a ceral box.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

That's because Vanilla Ice sampled Under Pressure for Ice Ice Baby, although he denies it. Under Pressure was Queen, btw; Bowie made a guest appearance on the track.

Keith Richards' daughter pointed out that Anybody Seen My Baby sounds very much like k.d. lang's Constant Craving. Keef agreed and being the ultimate cool guy that he is gave k.d. a writing credit on the track. One more reason to love the Stones.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I've heard that Avril Lavigne is getting into some hot water over her song "Girlfriend" from the band The Rubinos who claim her lyrics are similar to a song of theirs ironically titled "Boyfriend".

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

so she's a poseur and a hack...

6. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

All those dance songs coming out now by the R&B and rap artists. Lean wit it, Rock wit it, Snap yo finga's, etc. You've heard them all, they almost all sound exactly the same but just the dance moves mixed around the the beat slightly different. The newest one out that I've heard is the Cupid Shuffle.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Apparently a band called Jet were "inspired" by other bands and all their singles can be traced back to bands such as the Beatles.

8. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

Really?

Which songs were you speaking of? I've heard some of their stuff and I didn't get that impression.

9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

The album was criticised for being derivative of many classic rock artists such as The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and AC/DC. [1] There were also claims that these bands not only influenced the album, but riffs and melodies from individual songs by other artists made their way onto songs from Get Born. These included Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" ("Come Around Again"), The Beatles' "Sexy Sadie", "Let It Be", "Golden Slumbers", "Fool on the Hill", John Lennon's "Imagine" ("Look What You've Done"), Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" ("Are You Gonna Be My Girl?"), Bachman-Turner Overdrive's "Takin' Care of Business" ("Rollover D.J.") and Deep Purple's "Woman from Tokyo" ("Cold Hard Bitch").

from the Jet wikipedia page...

10. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Nickelback is structurally identical in its songs--look for a song called "This is how you remind me of someday" to see two of their songs played left and right in stereo...it'll enlighten you. Godsmack as well.

Well, Superfreak and Can't Touch This use the same instrumentals, though they're about different subjects.