Songs that make you sad

Discussion in 'Music' started by browneyes106, Jun 15, 2009.

1. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

Here are the ones that I can think of right now

Whiskey Lullaby-Brad Paisley and Allison Krauss
    Stole-Kelly Rowland
    Who You'd Be Today-Kenny Chesney
    Dear Mama-Tupac
    Tears In Heaven-Eric Clapton

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Are we talking songs that actually make you sad, or just sad songs that make you cry/get emotional? Cause I'm a sucker for bittersweet, but they don't make me sad.

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Shiver by Coldplay makes me feel sad when I hear it because it was playing when my boyfriend and I were going through a rough patch. I remember it so well and whenever I hear it I am always taken back to that time.

Born Slippy by Underworld makes me feel sad because it was cousin's favourite song before he died. I didn't go to his funeral because I was only 11 and my mum didn't want to put me through it. She told me they played that song which was quite an odd choice for a funeral but it was his favourite and that's all that matters.

4. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

I Will Come To You - Hanson

I just like this song a lot and when I'm down and gloomy this song will make me down but then bring me back up.

~Shwa

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

In Loving Memory - Alterbridge
    A real heartfelt song about loss and it gets to me everytime. Slow build up to a powerful ending that really pulls at you.

Pieces - RED
    Another heart wrenching song, this one with more of a love tone to it as it's about a broken man who has found purpose again. It most likely is a song about finding God (since the band is Christian Rock) but it is very easily interpreted as a romantic song.

6. AwkwardlyYours

AwkwardlyYours Registered Member

Christmas Shoes by Bob Carlisle. Guh. Sooooooooo depressing but happy and sad at the same time... wonderful song... but at the same time... SO awful... :(

7. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

Both types that you mentioned. I should have wrote my question better.

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

:+: Mariah Carey - O Holy Night
    :+: R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts
    :+: Gary Jules - Mad World

Those three songs are really sad sounding and I love um for it. Great for a sad mood or rainy day.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I like Everybody Hurts too, vilky.

I have several songs that have that effect. The songs that make me sad aren't automatically sad songs. Sometimes they're even dance songs. They make me sad because I associate them with something sad that happened to me; or something happy but have ended at present.

10. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

The one song that does to me more than any other song every is

My December by Linkin Park. It's a beautiful song, but I think it's just the whole memories associated with the song, but I get really emotional when I listen to it, but at the sametime I love the song. Talk about confliction. Heh.