browneyes106

Registered Member
Here are the ones that I can think of right now

Whiskey Lullaby-Brad Paisley and Allison Krauss
Stole-Kelly Rowland
Who You'd Be Today-Kenny Chesney
Dear Mama-Tupac
Tears In Heaven-Eric Clapton

Are we talking songs that actually make you sad, or just sad songs that make you cry/get emotional? Cause I'm a sucker for bittersweet, but they don't make me sad.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Shiver by Coldplay makes me feel sad when I hear it because it was playing when my boyfriend and I were going through a rough patch. I remember it so well and whenever I hear it I am always taken back to that time.

Born Slippy by Underworld makes me feel sad because it was cousin's favourite song before he died. I didn't go to his funeral because I was only 11 and my mum didn't want to put me through it. She told me they played that song which was quite an odd choice for a funeral but it was his favourite and that's all that matters.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
I Will Come To You - Hanson

I just like this song a lot and when I'm down and gloomy this song will make me down but then bring me back up.

~Shwa

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
In Loving Memory - Alterbridge
A real heartfelt song about loss and it gets to me everytime. Slow build up to a powerful ending that really pulls at you.

Pieces - RED
Another heart wrenching song, this one with more of a love tone to it as it's about a broken man who has found purpose again. It most likely is a song about finding God (since the band is Christian Rock) but it is very easily interpreted as a romantic song.

AwkwardlyYours

Registered Member
Christmas Shoes by Bob Carlisle. Guh. Sooooooooo depressing but happy and sad at the same time... wonderful song... but at the same time... SO awful... :(

:+: Mariah Carey - O Holy Night
:+: R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts
:+: Gary Jules - Mad World

Those three songs are really sad sounding and I love um for it. Great for a sad mood or rainy day.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I like Everybody Hurts too, vilky.

I have several songs that have that effect. The songs that make me sad aren't automatically sad songs. Sometimes they're even dance songs. They make me sad because I associate them with something sad that happened to me; or something happy but have ended at present.

The one song that does to me more than any other song every is

My December by Linkin Park. It's a beautiful song, but I think it's just the whole memories associated with the song, but I get really emotional when I listen to it, but at the sametime I love the song. Talk about confliction. Heh.