Song specific dances...

Discussion in 'Music' started by AnitaKnapp, Oct 27, 2009.

1. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you know any?

I'm talking about dances that were made for songs...are there songs that were made for dances? The Jitterbug, the Hustle, and god forbid, the terrible Macarena...or however that's spelled.

I'm taking a dancing class today that is specific to learning The Thriller. I'm kind of excited about it. This will be the first song specific dance that I have actually learned.

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I grew up in the 70s and never did learn the Hustle. Lame.

No I don't know any. I'm far too white to ever have learned the Soldier Boy thing

3. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

there's the chicken dance and the hokey pokey.
    ------
    If I remember right, square dancing has someone call out the moves to do during the song, so those count too I suppose.

Also, there's caramelldansen, a transcended meme that became official

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  4. AnitaKnapp

Yes...but the question is...

Do you know how to do any of them? Is there actually a song called the chicken dance? I always viewed hokey pokey more of just a child's game...idk...and square dancing..they just call out the moves, it's not any specific song that has been recorded and released to the general public. I'm more referring to those types like thriller, hustle, etc.

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I know the macarena... *retreats in shame*

That's about it

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I know almost of the Thriller dance, there's a few parts where I screw up but for the most part I got it all down.

Macarina is probably the most annoying dance I've ever seen in my life.

7. AnitaKnapp

And you think you're going to be able to out Thriller dance me after this class? I demand a Thriller dance off!

I wouldn't mind learning the hustle as well. I can't really think of any others though.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Like I mentioned to you before I was in a Thriller music video(a school project for one of my friends) so I know it for the most part. But like I said I screw up a few times while I do it.

I just wish I was able to do the moonwalk, I can do it poorly on my sock but when I'm wearing shoes I completely suck at it.

The Twist is pretty easy as well.

9. AnitaKnapp

Ohhhh I forgot about the Twist, good mention.

10. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

this is caramelldansen. THE ENTIRE THING.

[​IMG]

also

Chicken Dance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it's not very hard.