• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Song of South

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
About 60 years ago Walt Disney made a movie called song of the South. The film was about Brer Rabbit and Uncle Remus. It has not been released on DVD yet and maybe ever because they some people say it shows blacks in a negative way. I say shows us what happened in your USA Past but some people think if they can lock the past away that means it never happen.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

I've never even heard of this movie, but I've heard rumors of ol Walt Disney himself, he may not have been the most cheerie man, lol and may have had some rather unusual viewpoints.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I say show it as well. People need to accept some things anyway.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I agree, I heard he was a very stange person, but he was a brilliant man, and he started one of the biggest company by almost himself. But yeah I agree let them show this movie.

A

A.M. Radio

I don't think anybody will be surprised, with the film references I make, if I said that I own it. Bootleggers are good for this sort of thing.

Does it portray blacks in a negative way? Yes.

Is it so bad that it should be shut away for good? No. But then again, I don't think any movie should be banned.

Look, Gone With the Wind is not banned. It has the same Stereotypes that it seems that the people actually believed. It has this romantic view of Slavery, as if the White people did a good thing by bringing the Africans out of the Jungle, giving them a place to stay, giving them food and clothes. And the Africans are, well, happy to be slaves. This is why it's so "racist".

While it disturbs me that Slave Owners and people in general might actually think this way, the movie is a harmless fantasy. It's not going to change what people believe about slavery. Gone with the Wind didn't. The brutally racist Birth of a Nation didn't.

Well, that one can be argued. The KKK did rise again after it's release. But these were people who were already racists. It's horrendously racist, but also an important film to society, which is why it isn't banned. It revolutionized filmmaking. Most people who watch the movie andenjoy it for that reason. People who watch it in this day and age don't become racist or believe it's philosophies (we just go "Wow. Great fucking cinematography!")

Walt Disney sympathized with the Germans. He was in fact a racist and a bigot. Sometimes, you have to seperate the man from the artist. Because, yes, he did give so much to the film industry.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I tottaly agree on what you just said Radio, because this movie did portray black people in a negative way, but still there's a lot of movies out there that does to, but just because it's Walt Disney and is name is so famous, I dont think they want to give him a bad rep.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Does anybody remember in Family Guy, I believe its in the movies, when Walt Disney wakes up from being froze he says 'Are the Jews gone yet?" Then the guy tells him no so he wants to be frozen again.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I dont remember that, but I do believe that he was a Nazi, I dont remember where I heard that, but I know I did somewhere, so I do believe he was racist and a Nazi.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

I dont believe he was an open Nazi if he even was, he just supported Germany, and Hitlers ideals.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Which on other words mean he was kinda of a Nazi, I dont mean he had in mind of killing all Jewish people, but like you said he agreed with Adolph Hitler ideas, which we all know what they where.