Son of a #[email protected]# - I need some help!

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by MenInTights, May 21, 2005.

1. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I did a website for a guy last year. There was some miscommunication and someone else grabbed the registry. This dude's got yellow pages and everything else pointed to the site and now!?!?! Anyone can figure out how i can at least get in contact with the new owner?? The site is www.beesure.net. Maybe I can make him an offer. I looked at whois and it told me nothing. Thanks.

2. lilys_things

lilys_things Registered Member

http://www.checkdomain.com/cgi-bin/checkdomain.pl?domain=beesure.net

3. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

When I clicked the "Why Am I Seeing This" it opened up my email and the title of the email that was automatically inserted said:
    "Inquiring about the domain 'beesure.net', with status: Expired"

4. lilys_things

I think that domain may be for sale..:)

5. helpisontheway

helpisontheway Registered Member

Last edited: May 21, 2005
  6. lilys_things

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That's a huge pain when that happens... It's never worth it to put off renewing a domain. If you forget, then you are in for the headache of your life trying to get it back. :(

8. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

Spence did you sort it out? I have you as the owner (at least I'm pretty sure it's you) as owner over at internic.

9. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I'm still working on this. My web host said that I still own it. Thanks a million for all of your help. I will be back in touch.

Got It!! Thank God!!

Ok, someone explain this one to me. When the domain expired, it got automaticly transfered to this search the web page. How does that work? Who did the foward on the name? Was it registerfly?? Sorry for such dumb questions, I'm still learning this web stuff.

-------------
    Dude, I was freaking out about this.
    I realized that I advertised on a public board that my name had expired when it actually hadn't. I was gone all day and was thinking, what if someone reads the board, steals my address and holds me randsom? Jeezz, my head hurts. Tomorrow, I'll load the guys site.

Last edited: May 22, 2005