Something that made me laugh today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Merc, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I was watching Family Guy and Brian and Stewie were discussing gay marriage. Stewie, much to the delight of the audience no doubt, is heavily against it and says to Brian, "Well I'm not like, all in your face with my heterosexuality!" Brian replies, "No . . . no you're not".

Laughter ensues.

However, the real thing I wanted to point out is that actually, heterosexuality is flaunted quite heavily basically everywhere, so is it really fair to get angry at all these gay pride parades? I mean, I thought they were kind of obnoxious and I know people like myself that support gay marriage but can't stand some of the "I'm queer and I'm here" type of overblown shit, but can we really say that knowing how oversexed our media is?

2. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I've never had a problem with homosexuality. I have a problem with flaunting any sexuality. There's a time and a place to chew off your partners face, hetero- or homosexual. There are some things I don't want to see in public. Girls being slutty, guys being camp or macho, whatever it is. It's not something that's going to particularly endear anyone to me on it's own. But I'm not about to hate someone for acting out in public; that's just something I personally don't approve of, is all.

3. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I'm reminded of a time I was playing Euchre with a dude wearing a rainbow earing and pin. At some point he turned to me and said, "I'm gay." You don't say. Though, I'm not really bothered by such things. Everyone's got their own eccentricity, and I certainly work with enough guys who go out of their way to point out the hotness of any decent-looking lady within eyeshot: "Hey! Hey! Check that out." Oh yeah... a women. Great.

4. JAdams

JAdams Registered Member

When I overheard Disney had purchased Marvel.

I mean, seriously...the mental images I had of Wolverine and Magneto running around the mansion singing about friendship, love, and sharing with all the other mutants were borderline disturbing, halarious, and insane. XD

Or...or...Hulk doing a solo number about accepting being different from others. XD

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  5. Merc

Or when I totally read a thread title and not the original post. Total lollerskates there.

;)

Rebeccaaa likes this.
  6. JAdams

JAdams Registered Member

Oh lord. How can I be so dense!

Can I get a brick dropped on me please?

7. Merc

No worries, I think we can call it even now.

:nod:

8. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm really starting to heart you. You remind me of me.

9. JAdams

JAdams Registered Member

Yep. Funny, naive, and witty. :cool:

Now, to the topic. XD

*ahems*

I really don't mind what sexual orentation someone belongs to and I don't think anyone needs to be probing into it, questioning them, or in a worst case scenario: saying that they're bad people because they're gay/lesbians. They're not hurting anyone, so why the fuss?

However, I do want them to keep the romance to a minimum in public, just for the sake of decency. I don't mean like I'll throw a hissy fit if I see two women holding hands or giving themselves a peck on the cheek. I'm talking full on make-out sessions in hallways. In my high school, I can't tell you how many times I had to walk AROUND a group of teenagers because they decided to just stand there and have a long kissing session. I know they love each other and it's human affection...but they couldn't find an empty classroom or go into a janitor's hallway (or hell, a bathroom) to make out?