• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Something sad I saw at work

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
So the other night at work I had to shadow a few shoplifters. One was an adult female looked around 25 years old, the other was a female child around 12. Now while I was tailing them I watched them both pocket several items.

At one point the adult actually handed me the boxes of the items she stole and told me they were empty.

After about an hour of tailing them through the store they tried to leave and security made their move.

When they went out the door aparently (according to the door greeter) the adult told the little girl, no matter what she loved her. Then we apprehended them.

As it turns out the adult is not the child's mother, not even a relation, although she told the police she was trying to get custody of the little girl.

The adult was arrested for retail fraud and the little girl was returned to her parents.

Talk about some screwy and sad shit.

BigBob

Registered Member
That is fucked up that you would make a 12-year old do that.

ZoeWillow

Registered Member
Poor kid...her parents must also be screwy if they are letting her be with that irresponsible adult alone.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Yeah thats pretty messed up. I know theres been a few traveller kids shoplifting under the influence of their parents at the place where I've just started working, but if that woman wasn't even her mother then... I wonder where her parents are.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
That sounds like my stepdaughter and her mom. Seriously. She's the one planning the the "act" and justifies it too. The young one will just believe the adult because she trusts her. If this has been happening for a while, even when the kid grows up she's already "programmed" to not find anything wrong with what they're doing.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I really hate people that steal. Especially people that don't even have a half-decent excuse.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Now that is just sad, but it's nothing new. I have seen that go down several times when I worked in LP for Wal Mart. I busted a dad and son team stealing CD's and DVD's. It was a sad sight to see a 10 yr old in handcuffs because his dad told him it was ok to take things from a store.

viLky

ykLiv
Heh, she went up to you? You'd think she would have a twitch telling her that you watching her wasn't right.

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
Heh, she went up to you? You'd think she would have a twitch telling her that you watching her wasn't right.
That was sheer stupidity, I know for a fact she knew I was tailing her.
When we suspect someone of stealing they'll have me tail them, and occasionally I'll be purposely obvious about it.

The adult/child team also ran into what I'm guessing where two teenage males who kept an eye on me then went over and talked to her. I'm guessing they were telling her were I was as I assume they thought I was actual security.

Handing me the packages really just made security's job easier since after they apprehended them security asked if we could find the empty packages and I just handed them over.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
That was sheer stupidity, I know for a fact she knew I was tailing her.
When we suspect someone of stealing they'll have me tail them, and occasionally I'll be purposely obvious about it.

The adult/child team also ran into what I'm guessing where two teenage males who kept an eye on me then went over and talked to her. I'm guessing they were telling her were I was as I assume they thought I was actual security.

Handing me the packages really just made security's job easier since after they apprehended them security asked if we could find the empty packages and I just handed them over.

Duke - I've always wondered something.

If a person stuffs their pants and then as they are leaving decides not to do it and takes the merchandise back, is that a crime? It could happen if someone saw you tailing them and got scared.