Something a bit spicy

Saffy

Registered Member
I have just been preparing this for later.

Chicken Chilli Potato Pot

2 tbsp vegetable oil
about 1lb/450g of skinless chicken breast diced.
1 finely chopped onion
1 finely chopped and deseeded green pepper
1 large potato diced.
1 sweet potato diced
2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
1 or 2 fresh green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped.
1 can of chopped tomatoes
half a teaspoon of oregano
half a teaspoon of salt*
4 teaspoons of pepper*
4 teaspoons of fresh chopped coriander*
16 oz chicken stock.

*you can leave out the salt if you prefer.
* its a lot of pepper :lol:just reduce it if you like or i sometimes replace it with a couple of teaspoons of cayenne pepper, or cayennne pepper sauce.
*dont worry if you dont have fresh, i have used dried before

Heat the oil in a large heavy based saucepan, heat medium to high and cook the chicken until lightly browned. Turn heat down to medium and add the onions, green pepper, potato and sweet potato, cover and cook for 5 mins or until the veg is beginning to soften. Add the garlic and chillies and cook for another minute, then add the tomatoes oregano, salt, pepper and half the coriander and cook for a further minute. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer over a low heat for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the rest of the coriander just before serving.

Attachments

Last edited:
Looks yummy in the picture! I'm rubbish at cooking though so I won't lie and say I'm going to attempt to make it myself, how about you make it for me and send it on over :nod:

Saffy

Registered Member
Thanks for the recipe share. I love spicy foods....can't get enough of them.
me too,,, i had an uncle from Pakistan who used to make us curry and it was lush!!! he taught me how to make it but now my hubby makes it better:rolleyes::D
Thanks for your comment RJ ,,, you really are cool:D:cool:
------
Looks yummy in the picture! I'm rubbish at cooking though so I won't lie and say I'm going to attempt to make it myself, how about you make it for me and send it on over :nod:
Ha! you lazy mare:lol::lol: its so easy!! most everything i cook is :nod:

Last edited:

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Another amazing sounding recipe from you. I'm definitely going to try this, this weekend when I have the time and energy to cook. I'm probably going to cut down on the chili though, people in my house don't like really hot food, and I don't want to blow their heads off.

Saffy

Registered Member
Another amazing sounding recipe from you. I'm definitely going to try this, this weekend when I have the time and energy to cook. I'm probably going to cut down on the chili though, people in my house don't like really hot food, and I don't want to blow their heads off.
Hope you enjoy it:D Im loving sweet potato's at the moment,, we had some today , i did my savoury mince and made a shepherds pie, and with it had some gorgeous roast veggies:D Turnip, carrots, onion and sweet potato,,chop, mix it all up (with your hands) in some olive oil salt and pepper,,(i added some rosemary today as it goes well with sweet potato) then roast at gas mark 6 for about 50mins:D

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I made this yesterday and it's absolutely delicious. A huge hit with everyone who ate it. I only put 1/2 of a chili in, but imo, it needed more. Everyone else thought it was perfect heat though. Thanks for sharing the recipe Saffy

Saffy

Registered Member
I made this yesterday and it's absolutely delicious. A huge hit with everyone who ate it. I only put 1/2 of a chili in, but imo, it needed more. Everyone else thought it was perfect heat though. Thanks for sharing the recipe Saffy
oh wow ,, great!!! Im so glad you made it and enjoyed:DYea it's not as hot as it sounds is it,, i dont really know if its supposed to be hot actaually, i just think its nice with a bit of a kick to it:D

Saffy

Registered Member
Just finished making this for tea today:Dyum... also i was re reading this thread and noticed on my pic i also have that same top on again today!!!:lol::lol: