Someone sending me their auctions in email

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Nanner, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Did anyone else from here receive a private email about an auction listing? (and a not so great one at that) Trying to figure out if they got my email from here or somewhere else. I checked both the email address name and the eBay name and neither are members here.....then again that doesn't really mean anything. Can make up any name. I do not have my private email listed here except for the Admin. but I did make it public that I am the high bidder on Andrew's lastest auction so getting it from eBay is pretty easy.

Anyone else?

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I get these every once in a while. No offence to whoever sends them, but I will not take time to look at an auction that was spammed to me. I just delete these emails.

If a member is found to be spamming other members, that member will be banned.

3. meaniema

meaniema New Member

Now you have me curious LOL what was the auction for?

4. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

A mystery watch and some gems. I did look at the persons auctions won and they had won (although brand name) some plastic watches for like a buck or two. It could very well be someone who got addresses from the Pulse or something? All things they sold was private.

I've had this happen before also but only from people selling the same thing I was bidding on or something close to it. I just so hate it when people spam my email for this kind of thing.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Hey Nanner you could have just made some quick cash off of meaniema! You should have auctioned off that "mystery info!" :lol:

..ok maybe not..

6. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

LOL you are bad!!!!

7. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Andrew always out to make the "quick" buck LOL

Anyhoo, this has happened to me only one, right after one of the first few auction I ever bid on, I recieved e-mails from that user about other products he/she was selling... While I dont mind someone promoting there items, but my bidding on a auction does not give the person who posted it the right to spam my inbox

8. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I agree totally! When I get these I usually send them to eBay.....if I'm in one of those moods :) BUT the only auction I am bidding on right now is Andrew's :D I don't think he is selling plastic watches and (probably) worthless gems using a different eBay name? :lol:

(do you think he'll sell me the answer to that question? :D)