• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Someone close to you

Dragon

V.I.P.
Is there someone that you are close to and you consider them like another family member?

My cousin's mom passed away when she was a baby and sadly, her dad was a coward and ran off after my aunt passed away and left his responsibilities to my uncles, aunts and grandma. Its sad to see her not growing up with a parent and i have adopted her as my sister and she looks up to my mom as a mother. We both live on opposite sides of the world and i spoke to her today for the first time in many years and i made her laugh like i usually do. We do send emails and facebook each other. My mom is currently visiting her and im sure her and my mom will have a great time together.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
There's nobody close to me that I consider my family.
My family is the one that is my family for real and some of my relatives that live nearby. I don't think I'll have a second family like the one I already have.

Sekme1

Registered Member
I salute you for your heart! My neighbors used to be my family when I was growing up. I am only child, and my father wasn't around that much to feel like family, my cousins lived far away, and seriously, my neighbors that I grew up where my family. I think some people don't understand how important is the human connection. Sometimes actual parents or siblings hurt you more than other people. I would not love someone for the title, just because they are my cousins, means nothing if you have no connection.

Bliss

Sally Twit
A friend of mine lost her mother last year and we've always been close. We grew up together and would often pretend we were sisters. I was always close with her parents and she was always close with mine. When her mother passed away she was comforted by my mum. They shared a very moving cuddle and my mum was sort of gently patting her as well. It was very sad.