• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Some of the worst players in pro sports?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
No, I am not talking about most overrated players. Those guys are actually still good just about all the time.

I'm talking about the people who don't start and don't play much who continuously drop the ball (no pun intended) while in the game.

People who just are bad to the point that you have to wonder how they ever got into pro sports.

I don't watch sports enough to know all the names of the good players, let alone the bad. So I'll be sitting this one out but I thought it would make an interesting discussion. We discuss the best players all the time but what about the worst ones? These guys are definitely out there, ruining it for their teams and their fans. :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
First off I'll comment to twitch selection. Buckner was a tremoundous ball player, yes he should of got that ground ball in the 1986 World Series but every players commit errors.

Second, there's so bad players who played pro sports but if they made it to the top then there very talented. Yes players like Ryan Leaf were terrible players but all of them are extremely talented, and compared to average joe's like us they are very superior.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's easy to criticize the bad players, but look at who you're comparing them to. The best in the world. They're still better than 99.9% of the people who have ever played the sport. Like Rex Grossman, for example. I watched him while he was with the Florida Gators and he was a stud. Made every throw look easy. Same with Tim Tebow, who will probably not have a successful NFL career.

BigBob

Registered Member
Like Echoes said about Grossman, I'll say about Ryan Leaf. He was a great college player, but once the NFL hit him, it was like "Why are you even here? Go home".

wolfheart

Registered Member
Im not too sure about most sports but when talking about a pro I can think of a guy that should have ended his career long before he did.

Peter Buckley turned a pro boxer in 1989 and retired in 2008 after his 300th bout,knocking up a very unimpressive record, the highlights were his 32 wins 8 by knockout.
Sadly they do nothing to wipe out his 256 LOSSES, as well as 12 draws, he was known as the worst boxer in the world, he did win his final fight, his first win in five years.

Its a shame because he is a nice guy who deserved better.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Grossman was a great example Echoes, Bears fans were so harsh on him because he didn't pan out in a great NFL starter, but compared to everyone that criticize him he's 100 times better.

As a fan it's easy to criticize someone when they don't play all that well.