• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Some More 8th Grade Scholarship Offers

BigBob

Registered Member
Last week, a hopeful prospect showed up at LSU's July football camp. He posted an impressive 4.46 40-yard dash, and he earned a scholarship offer from the Tigers' coaching staff for his efforts.

It's a scene that plays out on college campuses every single summer, although this offer was different for one main reason -- Dylan Moses has yet to start eighth grade.
Washington made a splash in the recruiting world Wednesday, but don't bother checking the ESPN 150 for the newest Huskies commit. He won't be included in that list this year, next year or the one after that.

It's highly unlikely a single Washington player still will be on the roster by the time Tate Martell makes an appearance in purple and gold, but after receiving a scholarship offer from the Huskies three weeks ago, the soon-to-be eighth-grade quarterback committed to coach Steve Sarkisian on Wednesday, Martell's father, Al, confirmed to ESPN.com.
I say some more because this happened a couple of years ago at USC, in which they got a 13-year old (David Stills) to commit in 2010 for the 2015 Recruiting Class. They also got another kid (Boatright) to commit at the same age to the basketball program but pulled the scholarship after the coach resigned, but fortunately for him, UConn came calling.

Some people find this weird that coaches do this, what about you guys?

Alta

Registered Member
I guess it's a little odd. I don't think the kids are ready to decide where to play college football if they haven't even stepped on the high school football field, but I guess it's all about the coaches getting the absolutely amazing prospects before the competition.